Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's going, and when?
I will be there Thurs through Sun.
Please stop by the Horton Booth and say hello if you get a chance.

·
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Urban Legend said:
Not going to make it this year. I'm glad to hear Horton is having a booth there. Has there been one before?

UL,
No. It was the CSS booth, but due to the merger, Horton will now be there. This should bring more attension to crossbows.....I hope.

Hoss

·
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Moonkryket said:
Moonkryket,
The IBO has a Crossbow Class, and Bedford is the first leg of thier Triple Crown.
Due to the fact I do not see anything stating that Crossbows are not allowed at Bedford, Ind. I am assuming that you can compete there.
Is that the question?

·
11,411 Posts
Yes, thanks :)

I'm trying to get local clubs to allow crossbow shooters 60 and older to shoot in a crossbow division. These clubs are not sanctioned by NFAA, IBO or ASA plus their club officers are in the so called PBS:ack2: You know the rest of the story. I have one club that's set up a crossbow division, now the monkey is on my back to recruit crossbow shooters. They've been beaten up so much that they are reluctant to try it. I'm going to keep forging ahead anyway. Keep in mind that crossbows are legal in VA for bowhunting season:rolleyes: The anti crossbow folks mentioned above foam at the mouth at just hearing the word crossBOW.

·
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Moonkryket said:
I'm trying to get local clubs to allow crossbow shooters 60 and older to shoot in a crossbow division. These clubs are not sanctioned by NFAA, IBO or ASA plus their club officers are in the so called PBS:ack2: You know the rest of the story. I have one club that's set up a crossbow division, now the monkey is on my back to recruit crossbow shooters. They've been beaten up so much that they are reluctant to try it. I'm going to keep forging ahead anyway. Keep in mind that crossbows are legal in VA for bowhunting season:rolleyes: The anti crossbow folks mentioned above foam at the mouth at just hearing the word crossBOW.

Moonkryket,
Do not give up the fight!!
If I can add a couple of bullets to your chamber, inform them that every
crossbow shooter they allow in the shoot is entry money they would not of had. With clubs folding due to lack of interest, I would hope this would at least stimulate some change of mind.
If they complain about "Crossbow Shooters are not as accurate as Vertical Shooters." ask them how can they get better if clubs do not allow them to practice.
If they fear crossbows will damage targets more, let them know that today's speed bows do as much if not more damage than crossbows. This is especially true at Hunter Class distances. Trust me on this one. I shot on the BowTech Staff for 4 years prior to taking a position here at Horton.
These are points I brought to one club when they would not let my Dad shoot with my wife and me. They lost 3 entry fees that day.

·
11,411 Posts
Thanks Hoss

I've covered those points with them. I'm digging deep. There is also a State organization that I'm going plead our case to. I'm preparing my presentation to them now.

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts