Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With a crossbow, that is...
For me, I hope to chase bear and mule deer here in Colorado...Maybe turkeys if I can find some birds to hunt. In Colorado, we don't have a special season for crossbows but have to compete with rifle hunters for big game, which is fine with me. It still gives me a lot of time to be in the woods and I've been fairly successful throwing sticks (with traditional bows and crossbow) @ big game during rifle seasons.

·
342 Posts
Me, I always go after hogs here year round, this year I will try to add a black bear.

·
64 Posts
Turkey and Deer

I'm new to cross bow hunting, but I am going to use it for turkey this spring and also in the fall, while deer hunting. We have a fall turkey season that coincides with archery deer season.;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
WT Deer, Black bear, Moose and Turkey (spring and fall). But I plan on using everything in every season I can. Crossbow, smoke pole, riflle, compound and shotgun. I am not fussy I will use whatever weapon keeps me "out hunting".

·
Registered
17 Posts
Most Definitely hunting in 08 , here in Conn. it's whitetail and eastern turkey and there is plenty of both ! This is my second season with my Tenpoint Profusion xbow and love it !

·
41 Posts
I will be "hunting" my Morrell target bag as xbows are still illegal in NYS. If the oppurtunity doesn't arrive soon then I would like to do a spring bear hunt in quebec in the not too distant future.

·
329 Posts
WT deer (the "urban archery deer season" this time is SEP08-MAR09),
hogs &
(hopefully) a black bear from northern Canada.

yours, texasnative46

·
211 Posts
whitetails and smallgame for me, there isnt really much else around here to crossbow hunt... bears take years to draw a tag and I'm not much of a turkey hunter

1 - 13 of 13 Posts