Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reason I shoot Darton is realible performance year over year. All deer taken by me last month, freehand shooting from sitting on ground and treestand. Same results as previous years. Don't know any better, don't need any better.

Attachments

·
1,220 Posts
I've got the Rebel 135. The precursor to the Toxin.
Very happy with it. Shoulders well, moderately quiet, normal Darton quality...
And yea, accurate.

Mike

·
239 Posts
ditto on the Rebel 135 ss love mine, getting 355 with 415 grain maxima blue streak, oh and as accurate as these old eyes can shoot, look out deer this year!!!

·
Registered
12,809 Posts
It's ALL about good equipment and confidence. I love my Excalibur for those same reasons too.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Good shooting. Congrats.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah I have the toxin 180. Only issue I had was releveling the scope rail. Bow is a beast. Have only shot it out to 30 yards so far but it will put arrows in the same hole consistently at 30 yards. Seems to be well made and is comfortable and light enough. The scope rail was tilted to right and I just had to adjust it before I sighted it in.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thestalechito, did you tell Darton about that? I would. Ted Harpham is serious about putting high quality product in peoples hands. Sure he would appreciate hearing anything they can improve on. You can call him at Darton, or email him at
[email protected].

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Learning curve on these Darton, yup i would say the 180 is an arrow burner! I have the 150 n its fast, has thick limb solid performer. Mine has slick deck great finish n nice fit over all. I can rope cock the 150 fine, i just shortened the rope cocker. Scope mount does not like a long heavy scope stick out front, it boucnes like tomorrow won't get here. Took me about dz shots to realize why my arrows would hit high even though i adjusted the elevation down at 20 yds. So i took my Zeiss XB75 off n put on my short Hawke 1.5-5x32SR. Sighted it in no troubles its good n no bounce.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Learning curve on these Darton, yup i would say the 180 is an arrow burner! I have the 150 n its fast, has thick limb solid performer. Mine has slick deck great finish n nice fit over all. I can rope cock the 150 fine, i just shortened the rope cocker. Scope mount does not like a long heavy scope stick out front, it boucnes like tomorrow won't get here. Took me about dz shots to realize why my arrows would hit high even though i adjusted the elevation down at 20 yds. So i took my Zeiss XB75 off n put on my short Hawke 1.5-5x32SR. Sighted it in no troubles its good n no bounce.
OK
I'm wondering if I'm having the same issue you mention about arrows shooting high??
I have a large scope mounted on mine. The arrows start to shoot high (4 " or more) afterI put some 20_30 shots out of it...crazy thing. If I put it down for a few hours...it's back to a low zero??? Very frustrating

1 - 17 of 17 Posts