Crossbow Nation banner
21 - 40 of 83 Posts

· Registered
2,074 Posts
Owned 7 of them over the years.

At this point in time.....................???????

its all i got.

Though a Death stalker that you can hand cock could be leveraged because of being light weight

· Registered
Excalibur BD440, Matrix 330, Mag 340, Sub-1XR, Scorpyd DS, Tenpoint RS470
12 Posts
I haven’t had my Deathstalker for very long, but compared to my Excalibur BD440 it’s tiny in comparison.
I can say of all the current Xbows I own, the trigger on the Scorpyd is simply outstanding, followed by my Mission sub1-xr….
I wasn’t really concerned about having any issues with the Scorpyd, but like everyone else here says, I would have to ship it back to Scorpyd or Wyverns for something I couldn’t handle on my own…

· Registered
207 Posts
For starters the trigger is the best on the market IMO.
They are very accurate. They are not to heavy or to light. I love the balance and all around feel of it. Very dependable. The ability to change out your strings and cables without a press is huge as well. You can time your cams and make sure the ATA is spot on.
It’s so easy to do, my kids could even do it. You can always call Rex from Scorpyd and if he doesn’t answer he’ll always call you back and help you out in any way he can. Then you have Jerry who will work on it if you have any warranty issues which you probably won’t.
Good luck 👍🏻

307 Posts
I have owned an Orion Extreme 160 for about 5-6 years now. It is death on deer and Turkey. I can touch arrows at 40 yards all day long. It's also been extremely reliable. I bought it from a local dealer who was able to do repairs but not now. Only downsize I see with the bow. Especially with shipping cost these days. I would not hesitate to buy one again. Compared to my Excaliber Ibex its narrow😊

· Registered
909 Posts
For starters the trigger is the best on the market IMO.
They are very accurate. They are not to heavy or to light. I love the balance and all around feel of it. Very dependable. The ability to change out your strings and cables without a press is huge as well. You can time your cams and make sure the ATA is spot on.
It’s so easy to do, my kids could even do it. You can always call Rex from Scorpyd and if he doesn’t answer he’ll always call you back and help you out in any way he can. Then you have Jerry who will work on it if you have any warranty issues which you probably won’t.
Good luck 👍🏻
Does anyone know why Wyvern Creations have a large red letter warning on the new Scorpyd models (last year & this year)?

Quoting them -
"PLEASE NOTE, THAT UNLIKE OLDER MODELS, YOU WILL NEED A BOW PRESS TO CHANGE THE STRING AND CABELS ON THE TREMOR XP."

Has something changed or is Scorpyd just trying to protect themselves?

· Registered
Ventilator 175 Extreme Scorpyd Velocity 165. Burky Custom mini-reverse swat
902 Posts

· Retired
2,132 Posts
Let me address the idea that one day scorpyd will just decide to close because the owners will retire

I have had this conversation with Rex a number of times and here is the plan

If scorpyd is not sold when they decide to retire there will be a repair center maintained

Repairing scorpyds is not a job to me, i love doing it

I plan to repair scorpyds for as long as I'm physically able. Right now though I'm 69 I'm healthy with no issues. So at present I don't see why I can't do the repairs another 10 years if not more.

When I'm no longer able to keep up either Jim or Rex or both will maintain a repair center until they feel its fair to scorpyd owners to shut it down

But I think the company will very likely be bought if and when Jim and Rex decide to retire

So with that said there is no reason any one needs to worry about being stuck with a bow and nowhere to get it repaired.

· Registered
3,644 Posts
I have owned an Orion Extreme 160 for about 5-6 years now. It is death on deer and Turkey. I can touch arrows at 40 yards all day long. It's also been extremely reliable. I bought it from a local dealer who was able to do repairs but not now. Only downsize I see with the bow. Especially with shipping cost these days. I would not hesitate to buy one again. Compared to my Excaliber Ibex its narrow😊
I love my Scorpyd Xbows I’m lucky I live here in Iowa only about an 70 minutes from Scorpyd so usually if I call Jim I can just drive there and he will fix it while I wait

· Registered
8,189 Posts
Does anyone know why Wyvern Creations have a large red letter warning on the new Scorpyd models (last year & this year)?

Quoting them -
"PLEASE NOTE, THAT UNLIKE OLDER MODELS, YOU WILL NEED A BOW PRESS TO CHANGE THE STRING AND CABELS ON THE TREMOR XP."

Has something changed or is Scorpyd just trying to protect themselves?
Post #100 and #106 in this thread will show how easy it is to change/adjust strings and cables on the Tremor XP with Gen-7 cams. It is the same procedure as it is for the Nemesis. This method works on Gen-6, 7, 8, and 9 cams. You just need a different sized wedge for the Gen-8 and Gen-9 cams.

There is also another easy way to skin this cat. Although not needed for the Gen-6 and 7 cams, because the simple wedge above works well. This method was devised mainly to prove to the negative Nancy's that the Tremor and Deathstalker LT with Gen-8 & 9 cams could easily be locked out for string and cables changes/adjustments without a press.

These methods and others I've developed previously for the Gen-4 and Gen-5 cams that use a couple screws and slave cable. Search for Stupid Simple String Changer for Scorpyd Extreme Cam Bows. Google says it's still up over in Deadsville, Crossbow Talk.

Simplistic functionality at it's finest. Scorpyd 'til the end for me!

WARNING: Do not try these methods with one of those Rube Goldberg contraptions.

DISCLAIMER: Use at your own risk.

· Registered
383 Posts
Since you asked .IMO I whould never buy a scorpyd again .I got screwd by scorpyd ,I lost a ton of money with the Nemesis purchase .I’m still pissed about it.scorpyd took my and others money .gave us the middle finger.
never again.
Good luck to you.

· Registered
CT, USA
95 Posts
Since you asked .IMO I whould never buy a scorpyd again .I got screwd by scorpyd ,I lost a ton of money with the Nemesis purchase .I’m still pissed about it.scorpyd took my and others money .gave us the middle finger.
never again.
Good luck to you.
I am sorry to hear that. Can you share more details? I would like to know what had happened just to avoid possible problems in the future.
Thanks

21 - 40 of 83 Posts