Crossbow Nation banner

wicked ridge m-370 for $550 good deal for 1st bow?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all,I have an opportunity to purchase a used wicked ridge m-370 with accudraw for $550 that’s on consignment. Good first bow? Or should I look for something better/faster. I’m willing to pay for quality. Thanks for your opinions!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just got one! Haven’t shot it but it really looks and feels great. I’ve had a few Ten points, a Mission xb320 and an Excalibur. I really think Tenpoint makes a quality bow. Some of the bargain brand bows are getting pricey, but have inferior craftsmanship. The low end tenpoint is superior to the high end garbage bow. Excalibur would be my second choice for a first crossbow. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Kinda like the Ford, Chevy, Dodge question or maybe more of a blonde, brunette, redhead issue!

M370 is a solid bow, I love mine but there is certainly more bells and whistles to be had on other models. Things like decock, more speed, narrower, better trigger, etc. Mine is shooting 445gn arrows at about 345fps, no barn burner by today's standards, has a good, not great, trigger, I have to shoot it to decock. None of that bothers me!

The M370 gets to go hunting most of the time while the shadow nxt hangs on its hook. It just fits me, the balance is comfortable and accuracy is far more than adequate. It'll easily shoot 1" groups at 40 yards which is as far as I would consider shooting at a deer.

So for me I'd say good deal but ultimately only you can make that decision. Good luck with whatever direction you go.

·
Premium Member
3,896 Posts
Evening all,I have an opportunity to purchase a used wicked ridge m-370 with accudraw for $550 that’s on consignment. Good first bow? Or should I look for something better/faster. I’m willing to pay for quality. Thanks for your opinions!
I would opt for something new so you have a full warranty. As I am recently finding out, sometimes a deal is not necessarily a deal....

·
Registered
8 Posts
I recently purchased one and really like it so far. Like all crossbows it’s a bit loud especially compared to compound bows.
I went to pro bass shops & sportmens warehouse, handled all the crossbows in my price range and based open balance, feel and weight got the M370. Bought mine at local pro bow shop who also services them, same price.
padded tenpoint string stops 148 which reduces vibration more so than noise

·
Registered
7,213 Posts
If it was well cared for, it's a nice first xbow. For a used 370 and $500, I'd be expecting a low use, excellent cosmetic condition example with strings and cables in newish condition. Also look at the flight rail and see if there is any noticeable wear from shooting. For $670 you can buy a new M370 with ACUdraw shipped to your door from Wyvern.

Reactions: Sosocrossbow

·
Registered
16,309 Posts
What kind of warranty do you get on a used bow on consignment?!?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts