Crossbow Nation banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I did see 370 on the other forum. Either way it's plenty of speed. 370fps or there abouts with a 450gr arrow. I would choose a bow like that over 500fps all day but thats me

·
Registered
14,158 Posts
I wondered about that crank. If no personal injury or ailment a lot of people wouldn't want/need it. It's pretty and all but I wouldn't want to pay an extra $100 for something I wouldn't use.

Reactions: TomOnTheRun

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
So 355 fps With a 400 gn arrow,but narrow and light. There will be a market for it but not a huge one. Smaller and older hunters. I think most of us want 400 fps with a 400 gn arrow. ( or faster) Pin are you not shooting their 470 fps xbow?

·
Registered
707 Posts
I wonder if the 5.8 pounds includes the crank?
5.8 lbs may be the lightest compound on the market, but it's not the lightest crossbow like they say. Excal micro's are lighter but even they don't claim to be the lightest crossbow.

5.8 lbs is very light though no matter how you slice it. If one were to show up on my hooks I wouldn't hesitate to try it.

·
Registered
Nemesis 480 & DeathStalker 380, I live near Greensburg PA. I enjoy building custom strings
7,653 Posts
Seems the comfort spot in speed is +/- 400 fps. That's good. I think if they start doing 500+ it would draw to much attention to the "like a rifle" perception and get alot of laws and restrictions that would bestow theirselves on ALL crossbows and take some of our privileges away. Smart move on TenPoints behalf !
I do like the paint jobs on these new bows !

·
Registered
295 Posts
Seems the comfort spot in speed is +/- 400 fps. That's good. I think if they start doing 500+ it would draw to much attention to the "like a rifle" perception and get alot of laws and restrictions that would bestow theirselves on ALL crossbows and take some of our privileges away. Smart move on TenPoints behalf !
I do like the paint jobs on these new bows !
350 fps is my speed limit. In a few years, manufactures probably won't offer bows that slow.

·
Registered
6,770 Posts
Like that 370. Reckon it'll sling a 400 grain arrow at 370?!?
??? 465grn arrows or a 380grn arrow? If it's 465 grain arrow like 2019 TurboM1 expects speeds to be in the 339-340fps range. Hope I'm wrong.

Good luck to this new release. Cosmetically, nice looking Xbow.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
??? 465grn arrows or a 380grn arrow? If it's 465 grain arrow like 2019 TurboM1 expects speeds to be in the 339-340fps range. Hope I'm wrong.

Good luck to this new release. Cosmetically, nice looking Xbow.
340's is what I would expect out of the M370 with an Evo arrow.

·
Registered
6,770 Posts
YW but I don't think higher priced crossbows will come down. I do think the cheaper crossbows are getting better across the board and offering great features for the money. There is room for both I believe because there will always be those that aren't afraid to spend a lot of $ and those that can't.
I totally agree. There is something for everyone and that is okay and a good thing. As long as there is a seller and a buyer the price will not change. More power to anyone that can ask what they feel the buyer will spend. :cool:

·
Registered
Nemesis 480 & DeathStalker 380, I live near Greensburg PA. I enjoy building custom strings
7,653 Posts
The ATA show this year is going to be real interesting. It seems the market is morphing into a new direction. This is going to be a pivotal year in Archery I think.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
I said I was done with cables and cams but I may invest in one of these.
I would take a look at the Turbo M1 or the Titan M1 first. They are about the same price but nicer.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I don't think there is much difference in the M370 and the Titan now. The trigger I guess is different and different camo. Makes we wonder if they are making changes to the Titan this year. I think the Titan, Turbo and now the M370 and Invader 400 are some of the best buys in a crossbow today. 370fps+ with a hunting arrow out of the Invader for less than $600. Hard to beat that.

·
Registered
6,770 Posts
I don't think there is much difference in the M370 and the Titan now. The trigger I guess is different and different camo. Makes we wonder if they are making changes to the Titan this year. I think the Titan, Turbo and now the M370 and Invader 400 are some of the best buys in a crossbow today. 370fps+ with a hunting arrow out of the Invader for less than $600. Hard to beat that.
I actually think there are value adds for this new M370. It's lighter in weight so I see that a a plus. To me the eye candy test is it's the same Xbow but in a different skin but obviously TenPoint has done something different by making it lighter Xbow.

I had the TurboM1 and with a 3.8oz Sig Sauer Red Dot and HHA Optimizer my crossbow weighed just over 8lbs without the quiver. Not negatives but to give you specs vs the M370. 5.8lbs is impressive!

If you can shoot a 400 grain arrow reliably out of this Xbow this will be a hot seller for TenPoint. For me 370 seems a bit light. Heck, if you can shoot a 425 grain arrow 350fps that is very acceptable and a bargain setup.

·
Registered
6,770 Posts
Correction: 370 grain is a bit light for me not the Xbow. :eek::D

Attachments

21 - 40 of 59 Posts