Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Question, is this crossbow cockable with a rope sled, or must you use the Acu draw?
If the bow has a "hanger" instead of a stirrup, at the very least you will need a full size stirrup. Second is, if it has a string slot behind the rail on the stock then you can use a TP Sled Rope Cocker. My Stealth NXT came with a "hanger". I purchased the full size stirrup to use should the Accu Draw Pro fail. It has the needed slot for the string. I can't see anyone being able to draw that bow with a direct pull. Let's see what the expert response is.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Question, is this crossbow cockable with a rope sled, or must you use the Acu draw?
Maybe Randy @10PtCrossbow can answer, @JOE PA ? I think it would be doable because there is a rope slot and I used to hand/sled cock the Stealth NXT. Our test bow came with the hanger and not the foot stirrup, though. Maybe it's a safety thing from TenPoint's perspective...they don't want the user shooting the sled into their foot should something go wrong????

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Maybe Randy @10PtCrossbow can answer, @JOE PA ? I think it would be doable because there is a rope slot and I used to hand/sled cock the Stealth NXT. Our test bow came with the hanger and not the foot stirrup, though. Maybe it's a safety thing from TenPoint's perspective...they don't want the user shooting the sled into their foot should something go wrong????
Exactly. When I called TP about the full size stirrup, that's exactly what they said. You do not want to put your foot under the barrel when cocking with an AccuDraw. I have a full size stirrup for my Stealth NXT should I need it and already had a few sled cockers that I used for my Horton Storm and Carbon Nitro. Let's be realistic, you can put on the full size stirrup and keep your foot away, just as with the "hanger".

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
That is why they recently came out with a new spool cover that is supposed to fix the breakage problem on the cranks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just shot my new Wicked Ridge NXT 400. Shocked at how noisy it was. I'm a new crossbow shooter. Is this noise something you live with or can something be added to reduce?

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Just shot my new Wicked Ridge NXT 400. Shocked at how noisy it was. I'm a new crossbow shooter. Is this noise something you live with or can something be added to reduce?
Not really. You can add limb dampeners but it won't be noticeable. I have the Stealth NXT which is almost the same. I don't detect noise in excess of all the crossbows I have used before. Crossbows are not as quiet as compound bows.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts