Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look, we all have different budgets and discretionary income. If money was no object, I wouldn't research the best deal for the $ and I'd just buy what I liked. So only knowing of Ten Point for the last 7 years by researching them when I bought my first crossbow, I'd really love to know the general feeling of the Wicked Ridge bows. Wicked Ridge are clearly the more economical choice, is the quality just as good? It would seem that Ten Point puts the cutting edge tech out on the Ten Point lines and then that same tech in a few years is on the Wicked Ridge lines. So if you're the person that doesn't need all the latest bells/whistles and top end speed - Wicked Ridge is totally viable option? Just curious about the feedback...as even this Wicked Ridge sub-forum has the least activity than all of the other brand sub-forums. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I own several TenPoint crossbows, all of which are/were flagship models at one point.
As you said, Wicked Ridge products are not the latest tech for speed/power etc. They’re a great way to save money and still get a high quality product. At this point there’s even a model or two that offer decocking.

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
The Wicked Ridge line is the affordable line from TenPoint. No, they don't share all the top line pieces but if you look closely, they do have their niche. The Fury 410 is an example of their proven RDX technology and their latest trigger/DFP/decocking system. The quality is there as well.

I've been a TenPoint shooter for many years and have had Horton, Wicked Ridge and the top of the line TenPoint RDX models as well. I'd definitely own a Wicked Ridge.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I own several TenPoint crossbows, all of which are/were flagship models at one point.
As you said, Wicked Ridge products are not the latest tech for speed/power etc. They’re a great way to save money and still get a high quality product. At this point there’s even a model or two that offer decocking.
Thanks for that feedback. I'm just surprised at how much little activity the WR sub-forum gets. Generally that would tell me there is simply a lack of interest. And that makes me think, why?
The Wicked Ridge line is the affordable line from TenPoint. No, they don't share all the top line pieces but if you look closely, they do have their niche. The Fury 410 is an example of their proven RDX technology and their latest trigger/DFI/decocking system. The quality is there as well.

I've been a TenPoint shooter for many years and have had Horton, Wicked Ridge and the top of the line TenPoint RDX models as well. I'd definitely own a Wicked Ridge.
The Fury 410 is actually leading the list of my choices due to budget constraints. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
There seems to be a mixing of WR posting between this forum and the tenpoint forum. A lot of the WR talk gets posted on the other forum.
I have both a tenpoint and a WR and am completely satisfied with both. You may be getting a composite rail in place of aluminum rail on the WR versions so you have to understand that the cost savings are coming from somewhere. Those things don't bother me and I know that any issues that might arise are covered by the best customer service in the industry.

Reactions: JOE PA

·
Registered
TenPoint Viper S400 / Garmin Xero
1,870 Posts
The wicked ridge line will provide you many years of quality service at a great price. Buy with confidence

Reactions: TX_RDXguy

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yes, pick the model that suits you and buy with confidence! Since I wanted a light weight crossbow and prefer rope cocking, I bought the Invader 400 and removed the cocking device. Love the crossbow but may get a Raider for the trigger and decock ability.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There seems to be a mixing of WR posting between this forum and the tenpoint forum. A lot of the WR talk gets posted on the other forum.
I have both a tenpoint and a WR and am completely satisfied with both. You may be getting a composite rail in place of aluminum rail on the WR versions so you have to understand that the cost savings are coming from somewhere. Those things don't bother me and I know that any issues that might arise are covered by the best customer service in the industry.
I'm still not sure that the reason for the significantly disparate post counts from the WR forum to the others, but it's as good as we might get here.

That's good to know about the nuances in cost saving changes. I have a Kodabow now. I love the metal construction, durability and the AR compatibility (I can and have changed stocks, grips, etc.). But metal also comes at a price - weight. It is one of the reasons I'm looking to upgrade (primary being 25.5" cocked). And I like you am not sold on aluminum vs. composite as long as the product is tried, true and has a company standing behind it. Which it sounds like 10 Point and WR do very well.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, pick the model that suits you and buy with confidence! Since I wanted a light weight crossbow and prefer rope cocking, I bought the Invader 400 and removed the cocking device. Love the crossbow but may get a Raider for the trigger and decock ability.
Cool. See .. I'm looking for narrow, increased FPS, lightweight, with safe decocking all within a budget that seems to favor the WR line of bows. I've never used the accuslide, or accudraw tech. So it's all new to me outside of a rope decocker. That said, my back may appreciate the cocking device the older I get (only 45 now, but I get acupuncture every 2 weeks for my lower back).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dog Doc,

We sell a ton of Wicked Ridge bows. I'm a fan of the M370 myself.
The M370 does appear to check a lot of boxes and even price as well for quite a package. What makes you a fan of that particular bow over the others?

M370 is my favorite. I choose to hunt with it pver my shadow nxt most of the time. It's just a great bow all around IMO.
What makes it your favorite? And can I ask, do people decock it? It's not a listed spec on the 10 Point Website.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
The M370 does appear to check a lot of boxes and even price as well for quite a package. What makes you a fan of that particular bow over the others?

What makes it your favorite? And can I ask, do people decock it? It's not a listed spec on the 10 Point Website.
The M370 just fits me. I like the relatively light weight and narrow profile. My shadow nxt is narrower but to the point that I am more likely to run into canting errors. To me the 370 has a great balance between stability and width profile. Too wide is cumbersome too narrow is unstable for my shooting style, the 370 is near perfection for me.
No decocking.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Look, we all have different budgets and discretionary income. If money was no object, I wouldn't research the best deal for the $ and I'd just buy what I liked. So only knowing of Ten Point for the last 7 years by researching them when I bought my first crossbow, I'd really love to know the general feeling of the Wicked Ridge bows. Wicked Ridge are clearly the more economical choice, is the quality just as good? It would seem that Ten Point puts the cutting edge tech out on the Ten Point lines and then that same tech in a few years is on the Wicked Ridge lines. So if you're the person that doesn't need all the latest bells/whistles and top end speed - Wicked Ridge is totally viable option? Just curious about the feedback...as even this Wicked Ridge sub-forum has the least activity than all of the other brand sub-forums. Thanks in advance.
You want to see low activity in a forum? Go check out the CAMX forum. Even when they were still in the game, hardly any posts about CAMX. Now they are out of business, I bet there aren’t more than a dozen original posts in a year.

·
5,233 Posts
I'm still not sure that the reason for the significantly disparate post counts from the WR forum to the others, but it's as good as we might get here.

That's good to know about the nuances in cost saving changes. I have a Kodabow now. I love the metal construction, durability and the AR compatibility (I can and have changed stocks, grips, etc.). But metal also comes at a price - weight. It is one of the reasons I'm looking to upgrade (primary being 25.5" cocked). And I like you am not sold on aluminum vs. composite as long as the product is tried, true and has a company standing behind it. Which it sounds like 10 Point and WR do very well.
I spend probably too much time on this forum. The crossbows most often discussed are the high dollar, cutting edge, “flagship” bows. Many folks are enjoying the quality, but lower cost bows without posting nearly as much. I’ve seen very few posts about any problems with the WR crossbows.

·
Registered
wicked ridge blackhawk 360
848 Posts
My Blackhawk has been flawless. The only problem has been one that I caused. I bent the arrow retention spring. It weighs less than 7lbs with scope, I can rope cock with no problem, and it’s dead on at my hunting range.

The 400 I bought second hand and I had to put another scope on it and replace the power spring in the acu-draw. That bow is a real step up from the Blackhawk. As much as I like the Blackhawk the 400 will be my primary hunting bow. Both are very suitable to me.

Reactions: Pic-N Stick

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I spend probably too much time on this forum. The crossbows most often discussed are the high dollar, cutting edge, “flagship” bows. Many folks are enjoying the quality, but lower cost bows without posting nearly as much. I’ve seen very few posts about any problems with the WR crossbows.
What I was going say.
Most of the guys that buy W.R. are probably not big-time forum users.
Lack of posts would not deter me

·
Registered
wicked ridge blackhawk 360
848 Posts
See above 😁I know I kill too much time on here, but I really appreciate all the info and help I get here. No, I’ll probably never own a $1000+ bow or shoot at 100yds, but I can still learn a lot.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wanted to put in my 2 cents. I own a Stealth SS and a Horton Storm. They are still super accurate and reliable. I’m looking to replace the storm. Don’t like the balance and I’m ready to upgrade to a newer cb

1 - 20 of 21 Posts