Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Do a search for: How To Install Your String Dampening System (SDS) Ten Point. This is a you tube video.
I have installed this system on 2 Barnett Ghost 410's and one Barnett Buck Commander BCXtreme 365 Ultra Lite.
Where the two pieces go into the cable groove (J Section) I had to file these a bit thinner (each side) evenly so as they fit my cable groove (J section). The two bolts make for a much solider fastening point than what Barnett recently came out with. The Barnett system fastens to the side of the rail-stock area. The threaded rods are adjustable and can be cut shorter if required. If you have to cut all the groove part of the rod off where the rubber stops go, wrap a layer of electrical tape, then flip the tape over, adding a couple of layers with the sticky side out. Doing this enlarges the threaded rod a bit and keeps the rubber stops from coming off. If you look at the threaded rod, two sides are machined flat. This is the position you want the rods to be in when you tighten up the allen screws. Tightening on to the thread section damages that part and you will not be able to make an adjustment.
To change a cable, you do not have to remove the string stop system. Put the crossbow in a press and carefully remove the cables. Do the same when installing new cables. I set the rubber stops just touching the string in the uncocked position on the Barnett Ghost 410's. On the highly modified Buck Commander BCXtreme 365 Ultra Lite I have the rubbers putting some pressure on the string to keep the string from riding up on the cams in the uncocked position. The reason I had to do this is my cams are highly advanced. Advancing the cams increases speed which I wanted for target shooting. The faster the crossbow shoots, the flatter the trajectory.
I purchased my Ten Point String Stop System off Ebay.
All the best.

·
Registered
56 Posts
As stated above due to no predrilled holes in your rail, the best solution would be to install a ten point SDS system in your cable groove. Neither of the two existing Barnett string stops will fit your set up without modification to your crossbow. Hope we've helped answer your question and solved your dilemma.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts