Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody give me some feedback on the WildcatC5 crossbow, my family offered to buy it for my birthday??
Regards
Theuns

·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Reviews

I dont want to stir, I only need a plain review of the Wildcat:)

·
Registered
121 Posts
The wildcat C5 is a very popular bow and for good reason. It has a relatively short draw length (13") for Barnett's line and it has great "pointability".

The bow uses wheels for eccentrics and is easier to draw back than more aggressive cams found on other bows.

Depending on arrow weight you can expect somewhere in the 280-320 fps. The bow package comes with premium carbon fiber arrows that will give long lasting performance. If you are looking for more speed from this bow than 16 inch arrows might be better to your liking.

BXB

·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
feedback

At last somebody replied, Thank you very much BXB.
I located a dealer in South Africa but they actually sell camping stuff etc. and couldn't tell me much more than what is on Barnett's website. They only do postal orders, so there is no chance to shoot it first...:D

·
Registered
121 Posts
This year the Wildcat C5 has the new G1 Camo and is one of our biggest sellers.

If you can live with the 280 to 320 fps speed range (which is enough for most) than you will enjoy shooting the C5. It is my favorite bow to target shoot with.

I am sorry to hear that there isn't a dealer locally. Please feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions or need any assistance.

BXB

·
Registered
7 Posts
Arrow Speed

Can you tell me why some C5s shoot 280 FPS That is 40 FPS under the 320 they say they will shoot. Why one bow and the next one wont????

·
Registered
7 Posts
BarnettXBows said:
The wildcat C5 is a very popular bow and for good reason. It has a relatively short draw length (13") for Barnett's line and it has great "pointability".

The bow uses wheels for eccentrics and is easier to draw back than more aggressive cams found on other bows.

Depending on arrow weight you can expect somewhere in the 280-320 fps. The bow package comes with premium carbon fiber arrows that will give long lasting performance. If you are looking for more speed from this bow than 16 inch arrows might be better to your liking.

BXB
Are you saying I can shoot 16 in arrow in my new C5? What is the lightest arrow I can shoot?
Sunny

·
Registered
121 Posts
Sunny,

If you want you can shoot 16" Aluminum arrows that weigh no less than 350 grains. Aluminum arrows are not as tough and will not last as long as the supplied carbon arrows. The heavier the arrow that you shoot, the longer that your center-serving and other components will perform.

The C5 package comes with 20" carbon arrows that weigh 425 grains. In order to shoot fixed broadheads you will need to shoot at least an 18" arrow. The original testing for speed was done two years ago with a competitors arrow.

While final arrow weight is ultimately up to the user we believe that the supplied Barnett 20" carbon arrow is the best overall arrow to use with the C5.

BXB

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks BXB thats what I wanted to know. The bow is a great bow for the price.
Look good feels good and right on target.
Sunny

1 - 9 of 9 Posts