Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright this may be a ridiculous question... but I gotta ask. Can tenpoint crossbows such as the nitro x, XRT, stealth nxt put cocked with a short sled rope cocker like the Scorpyd bow? I realize my bow ain’t even got a foot stirrup, but let’s say it did. This would work correct? My acu draw pro works great. I’m really good at it and happy with it. But what I don’t like is that if the
Crank breaks the bow is donzo till I get it back from the shop. I seen a pic of the short sled rope cocker. I’m pretty sure it’s nothing more and the acu draw claw with a rope on it.
Has anyone ever tried or thought the same thing as me?

·
Registered
190 Posts
I had the nitro x and I cocked it with a sled, hard but doable for a backup. I had no faith in the accu draw pro I had. Cocking string kept coming off at screw where knot is . I finally tried knot around set screw, then knot on tail end. That solved that. Kept string waxed. But still had that sporadic popping sound when cocking. After 70 shots string frayed and broke about 6 inches from spool.called 10 point got nowhere returned bow. I see their new bows cock different, hmmm wonder why???? Keep an eye on it. Good luck. Other than that I loved that bow. I joined the dark side raven r29 so far so good.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
There's another thread on this topic for the Stealth NXT also, so you may want to look at all of those replies too.

I have the Stealth NXT, and I wanted the sled as a backup (mainly because the AcudraPro has had repeated issues for myself and others with the rope fraying and failing). To use the manual sled cocker, the first thing you'll need to do is to replace the very small "hanger" with a true stirrup. You can buy these from TenPoint and it's a very simple install, but don't try to use the small one, as your boot won't fit inside it, and it is not intended for cocking--only to hang your xb.

Once you have a real stirrup that your boot can fit inside, the manual sled will work, but you'll have to shorten the rope to maximize your leverage, and then pull like hell to get the thing cocked. It's not at all easy (at least for me), but it will work in a pinch. I carry a sled cocker with me as an absolute last resort when hunting, and I can make it work, but I would not want to use this on any regular basis.

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
There's another thread on this topic for the Stealth NXT also, so you may want to look at all of those replies too.

I have the Stealth NXT, and I wanted the sled as a backup (mainly because the AcudraPro has had repeated issues for myself and others with the rope fraying and failing). To use the manual sled cocker, the first thing you'll need to do is to replace the very small "hanger" with a true stirrup. You can buy these from TenPoint and it's a very simple install, but don't try to use the small one, as your boot won't fit inside it, and it is not intended for cocking--only to hang your xb.

Once you have a real stirrup that your boot can fit inside, the manual sled will work, but you'll have to shorten the rope to maximize your leverage, and then pull like hell to get the thing cocked. It's not at all easy (at least for me), but it will work in a pinch. I carry a sled cocker with me as an absolute last resort when hunting, and I can make it work, but I would not want to use this on any regular basis.
Yeah, I bought a full size stirrup. I have several sled cockers already. I guess I'm good to go in an emergency. Hope I wont need it. I have B/U bows. Maybe I'll shorten one of the sleds and try it just for chits-n-giggles.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have wondered if a standard rope cocker would work on my TenPoint if the accu-draw 50 system failed? There is no groove behind the receiver for it, but I have a couple of cocking ropes. May could rig something if the accu-draw fails. Haven’t shot it yet.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Yeah, I bought a full size stirrup. I have several sled cockers already. I guess I'm good to go in an emergency. Hope I wont need it. I have B/U bows. Maybe I'll shorten one of the sleds and try it just for chits-n-giggles.
I verified that I could use it at my archery range. I can do it, but barely. I'm not a weight lifter, and I've had a desk job all of my life, so it could be much easier for you than it is for me!

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
I have wondered if a standard rope cocker would work on my TenPoint if the accu-draw 50 system failed? There is no groove behind the receiver for it, but I have a couple of cocking ropes. May could rig something if the accu-draw fails. Haven’t shot it yet.
Without the groove it's doubtful.

Reactions: Ibidapo
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.