Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the engineers from Greeley Colorado come through?

They delivered the Oracle optic for the vertical bow shooters so I think it's time to see a xbow scope. I'm hopeful, not 100% sure but I think they may join the fun in 2021 with an Eliminator XB.

This would fit the bill for me:
  • Scale down the size 1-2" so it's a 12-13" scope and about 26 oz.
  • A 2-10 x 42
  • Has the integrated ranging laser
  • A canting indicator in the optic
  • Steppless illumination
  • A throw lever
  • A blue tooth remote ranging button
  • A transferable Forever Warranty
  • A MSRP of $899
A scope like this would help a hunter minimize movement, improve accuracy and deliver in the big moment.

The Optic world is changing and it would be great to see Burris or one of the other leading scope makers deliver a scope like this.

How far out is Jan. 19th?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Will the engineers from Greeley Colorado come through?

They delivered the Oracle optic for the vertical bow shooters so I think it's time to see a xbow scope. I'm hopeful, not 100% sure but I think they may join the fun in 2021 with an Eliminator XB.

This would fit the bill for me:
  • Scale down the size 1-2" so it's a 12-13" scope and about 26 oz.
  • A 2-10 x 42
  • Has the integrated ranging laser
  • A canting indicator in the optic
  • Steppless illumination
  • A throw lever
  • A blue tooth remote ranging button
  • A transferable Forever Warranty
  • A MSRP of $899
A scope like this would help a hunter minimize movement, improve accuracy and deliver in the big moment.

The Optic world is changing and it would be great to see Burris or one of the other leading scope makers deliver a scope like this.

How far out is Jan. 19th?
The first to come out with one I’m buying. Long over due!

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hope the days do blow by and they do deliver. I'll be in line as a buyer as well.

I've become a fan of this giant of a scope from ATN, now almost 3 years old and still working well. And I would happily live with it's size if it only had built in laser. It does have a ranging function but anything more than one push of a button is too much for our close quarter hunting style. They offer a bolt on device that does work but for me, it's just too much to add on the top of a crossbow.

Day2_030119.jpg

Why am I a fan? It's 4K recording capability and IR night vision ability in one scope make a great scope for a lone wolf hunter.

Here are a couple very short videos taken with this scope:

Night Hog Hunt

Ontario Black Bear

Technology of today is pretty amazing!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Burris makes fine rifle scopes. I have never been disappointed with anything I bought with their name.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I hope the days do blow by and they do deliver. I'll be in line as a buyer as well.

I've become a fan of this giant of a scope from ATN, now almost 3 years old and still working well. And I would happily live with it's size if it only had built in laser. It does have a ranging function but anything more than one push of a button is too much for our close quarter hunting style. They offer a bolt on device that does work but for me, it's just too much to add on the top of a crossbow.

View attachment 181378

View attachment 181379

View attachment 181380

Why am I a fan? It's 4K recording capability and IR night vision ability in one scope make a great scope for a lone wolf hunter.

Night Hog Hunt

Ontario Black Bear

Does it adjust your scope for the yardage or is there preset cross hairs on scope to use for shot

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does it adjust your scope for the yardage or is there preset cross hairs on scope to use for shot
Yes. The ATN 4K Pro with the add-on ABL (Auxillary Ballistic Laser) will move the reticle to the appropriate hold-over position.

The Burris Eliminator scopes will also move the illuminated reticle dot to the appropriate hold-over position.

·
Registered
4 Posts

View attachment 181378

View attachment 181379

View attachment 181380

Night Hog Hunt

Ontario Black Bear

Videos look great. I have tactacam for that. What I really would love to see is the range finder in action and the reticle move for the distance.

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Videos look great. I have tactacam for that. What I really would love to see is the range finder in action and the reticle move for the distance.
This is one of their rifle videos but it will give you an idea of how it functions and looks.

Burris Eliminator Video

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is one of their rifle videos but it will give you an idea of how it functions and looks.

Burris Eliminator Video
Ya I’m familiar with how Burris works. Hope to see them come out with a crossbow scope that does that. I hear atn does this but I haven’t seen any videos to confirm it. I want one now so I would buy the atn if it does. This is technology that should already be out there. Doesn’t make sense Burris has made one for compound bows but could make a way to use that same sight to mount on a crossbow.

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ya I’m familiar with how Burris works. Hope to see them come out with a crossbow scope that does that. I hear atn does this but I haven’t seen any videos to confirm it. I want one now so I would buy the atn if it does. This is technology that should already be out there. Doesn’t make sense Burris has made one for compound bows but could make a way to use that same sight to mount on a crossbow.
The 4K Pro is the flagship ATN IR product and with the add-on ABL and correct setup, it can autorange. The "day only" version of it is $600, the ABL is $300. Google it. There's video all over YouTube.

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
I remember years ago talking with Burris about a crossbow version of their Eliminator.

I would think it would be heavier than my XBR though.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Good morning it will be on my skip list, like the xbr, just to big, and have no use for a scope set on more than 3 or 4 power for big game inside 50 yards, hech 70 yards if I were to want to take such a shot.

On my recurves I just prefer the lean clean "get 'r' done look. Besides I hate mounting a bow to a scope.

Now, a multi reticle scope with under 9" w/1.5x-5× even 7x and fixed aiming points for out ti 70 yards with the same or equal stepless illumination system the evo x has, under 18 oz. I'll have a few!

But I won't be jumping on board to weighing down my bow like a varmint rifle, just not for me, at any price! It's a bow, not a long range across the canyon setup,,,, just me!

But, for those that prefer that platform, I hope someone offers it for you, even if I find it ridiculous as archery equipment!

Reactions: T695 and bugsNbows

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I remember years ago talking with Burris about a crossbow version of their Eliminator.

I would think it would be heavier than my XBR though.
TP, I have a strong feeling that this isn't year one for Burris working on a crossbow scope. With the assumption that the new Burris design will be similar to the current product that includes a mounting system, even if it's slightly shorter, say 12.5", it's going to be a 25-30 oz setup. At 25 oz it's not far off from your XBR with rings. Maybe 3 oz on the low end?

The ATN I've carried for two seasons is 36 oz with rings and mounted on a hefty Nitro so it's far from light combination. That said, I have had no issue with that weight, carrying it in, using it in a ground blind nor 25' up a tree.

As for magnification, I can definitely use power up to 6X and having 10X can be handy vs carrying around binoculars. I'm pretty open minded on trying new things and my opinion on crossbow total weight and balance has changed over time. Today I'm less likely to care about total weight and care more about length, width and function.

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Who will be first. Burris or Garmin? I am pretty confident we will see offerings from one of both at some point.

Keeping the price at a point that is attractive to enough folks will be a priority. Rest assured, market analysis will be part of the design plan and history has shown that higher priced crossbow optics do not sell. Even with the built in ranging technology, the price has got to stay in the $600-900 range. They will have to be some compromise to hit that price point.

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Who will be first. Burris or Garmin? I am pretty confident we will see offerings from one of both at some point.

Keeping the price at a point that is attractive to enough folks will be a priority. Rest assured, market analysis will be part of the design plan and history has shown that higher priced crossbow optics do not sell. Even with the built in ranging technology, the price has got to stay in the $600-900 range. They will have to be some compromise to hit that price point.
Good points Gene. I just spent $235 to add ranging technology to an existing scope, which isn't a lot of money for the capability gained. That $235 is often close to the budget the average crossbow user spends on a scope today so the Next Gen "Smart Scopes" may take time to be appreciated. I hope the companies investing will market and support their products well.

The SIG Sierra3 scope/rangefinder combinations are available in the $500-600 price points. I used that setup last year all through deer season and it's a great value IMO with very useable features based on a nice optic but the move from traditional scopes to electro-optics has been slow. It seems SIG did very little to let the Crossbow community know this product was available. I found out by accident that they had a Crossbow friendly application. Our generation is not always early adopters, which is very understandable

I'm eager to see the next offerings for Burris, Garmin or ????.

In the meantime I'll continue to use the "Hubble"....

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
The SIG Sierra3 scope/rangefinder combinations are available in the $500-600 price points. I used that setup last year all through deer season and it's a great value IMO with very useable features based on a nice optic but the move from traditional scopes to electro-optics has been slow.
Somewhat in line with this thread topic...
I noticed last night that a Member on the SigSierra FaceBook user page (I think IowaGuy from here at CBN runs the page) had added a Video/Still image recorder to his SigSierra.
I cannot recall the name of the add-on right now.
I will follow up this weekend as I am interested in using that feature but do not want to go out and spend $ on an ATN if I don't have to.

In the meantime I'll continue to use the "Hubble"....

View attachment 182100

View attachment 182101
Now that there is funny but almost true.
You should be able to see Jupiter's Great Red Spot with that behemoth of a scope you have LOLOL!

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I would accept a decent amount of compromise to have a rangefinding scope activated with a remote push button.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts