Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first post--I don't even have the KI Furious in hand yet but I'm looking ahead to stopping my bolts once it's assembled.
I've shot archery at a 36" Promat since '84 and it's pretty ragged but still stops arrows reliably.
Looks like Promat is out of business but parts show up here & there. I'll refurbish my target IF it can handle 400fps/150fpe.
Anyone know for sure?

No guessing please.

Attachments

·
Registered
R20
283 Posts
My first post--I don't even have the KI Furious in hand yet but I'm looking ahead to stopping my bolts once it's assembled.
I've shot archery at a 36" Promat since '84 and it's pretty ragged but still stops arrows reliably.
Looks like Promat is out of business but parts show up here & there. I'll refurbish my target IF it can handle 400fps/150fpe.
Anyone know for sure?

No guessing please.
i had the same target years ago. once the center is shot out, it's worthless. the Kelvar back stop will work until it weakens, i.e. (100) SHOTS OR SO. the bungees that support the back stop absorbs the shock and pressure of the bolt. if u use pointed practice tips, it will not last. i think u should look up american whitetail targets and see their selection. they give free shipping and no tax. also, if u r a veteran, they will give u an additional $10 off. their website is
www archerytargets.com

·
Registered
R20
283 Posts
Anyone know for sure?

No guessing please.[/QUO
here is the website of american whitetail targets. www.archerytargets.com free shipping and no tax. if u r a veteren, they give a $10 discount. just let them know that u r a veteran.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I ended up buying a bag target. I had noticed quite a few CB tests on YouTube used a Delta McKenzie Speed Bag. I liked the $50 price tag so I bought one.

To satisfy my curiosity if the Kevlar backstop on my Promat would stop a bolt I placed it in front of the bag & fired into it. "Into it" is pretty accurate. :eek:
The bolt went about 6" thru the Kevlar.
The screens stripped off the vanes.

The many layers of Kevlar had a death grip on the carbon shaft--it was VERY hard to extract.
I did this test with pointy field tip but I doubt a bullet tip would have prevented penetration.

So now I know. I shot thru away from center where the fabric is solid and it didn't do the job. I'm not going to bother rebuilding the Promat.
It was fine for my 260fps vertical but the crossbow's extra 100fps was too much for it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.