Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents,

Has anyone ever asked Jim or Rex to build them an "out-of-current-production" model bow if they are willing to pay a premium price for it?

Or is everyone just out of luck if the "production window" has closed on a particular model?

Thanks much,
Richard

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Call em up and ask. Never know what they might have.
Hi Yelpy,

I just ordered an Aculeus this week. It's supposed to arrive Monday or Tuesday next week.
So I would feel a little silly calling and asking them right now.
I'm curious whether other guys have done that in the past and, if so, what Jim and/or Rex's feeling were about that.

If half a dozen guys said, "Nope, I tried to get them to build me a VTEC last year and they wanted no part of that"....that would pretty much give me my answer!

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
That Aculeus isn't much different than the Orion. I know they don't make the older stocks anymore. I picked one up for a backup just in case.

Best bet is to watch the classifieds on here and AT or watch ebay for an older model.

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Gents,

Has anyone ever asked Jim or Rex to build them an "out-of-current-production" model bow if they are willing to pay a premium price for it?

Or is everyone just out of luck if the "production window" has closed on a particular model?

Thanks much,
Richard
I believe the answer to your question is probably No! As in they are likely not going to do it.

The reason is based in the fact that ScorpyD only maintains a limited supply of the parts necessary to build currently offered models.
Beyond that, they might stock a very limited supply of the parts necessary to service existing customer crossbows that might still be
under warranty. They are not a big business, so they basically build to order and minimize warehousing costs and space required for
the stocking of parts, especially for older models that would now be outside of their warranty period.

Even obtaining spare extra limbs for certain draw weights for current models currently is not do-able.

These are only my opinions and not necessarily facts, so as stated above, you can always call them and ask your question. It does hurt
to make the call.

Jon Henry

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Someone asked them about silver colored bows a couple of years ago. They had enough parts to build a handful. The key is having enough parts on hand. I don't think they'll have any one offs machined. One of the pluses of dealing with those guys is the phone access. Rex normally is the guy that answers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts