Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1,594 Posts
I had no idea that wire reticles still exited. Last one I saw was in my Weaver K series scopes!

Reactions: wildcatter

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had a wire break during a squirrel hunt. Had to get home before I could fix the problem. This made the hunt difficult

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

·
1,594 Posts
That is not a wire reticle. It is plastic. They are some times seen rotated.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Really, took it apart because they Bushnell wouldn't honor the warranty from 1977 and tried to fix it. Learned a good lesson, just buy another, way too much involved in getting it back together.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Wire is ancient, the only one I own today is an old Weaver K-6, I mean real old, locking side knobs, with metal springs that ride in the knurled nob on the adjustment dial, then screwdriver locks on the center to keep the exposed adjustments locked.

It is so old that it is not self centering, it moves each hair independently, the Horizontal wire moves off center up or down, then the vertical wire moves left or right along the horizontal for windage. Since it was my late granddads, I won't ever get rid of it.

Glass etched is the only way to go! And as far as I know what all manufacturers use today.

Reactions: Boo

·
1,594 Posts
This is a wire reticle. I had a cheap Bushnell on a muzzleloader that I leaned against a bench and it fell. The reticle looked similar. Lesson learned, buy better scopes and stay away from plastic. Apparently they take forces fore and aft but not sideways. Stick with etched glass.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts