Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it’s that time of year! I know some have already started and others are close! We officially open here in TX this Saturday but I will have to personally wait until next weekend to get in the woods.
I’m very excited about this year. My R20 is shooting as well as ever and I’ve added an R10 as a “backup” this off season. It’s shoots just as great! Also, I have all new hunting spots this year. I lost my personal lease that I’d had for fifteen years but was able to move down the road about 10-15 miles to some land the rancher I lease from personally owns. Looks like the deer are better and now I have turkeys! Pigs need to be thinned on there for sure though. Also got on a different lease with some family members that is set up primarily for bow hunting. Deer, turkey, pigs, and javelina on this one.
Sure hope to see a lot of success on here from everyone in the coming months!
Here are a few pics I’ve got so far on my new personal lease
God Bless and happy hunting y’all!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Good luck and enjoy the hunts on that new property. It looks very promising!

I'm a Texas hunter as well and I'm happy that the season opener is here. l'll be out Saturday morning hoping that a wayward mammoth whitetail buck finds it way to my tree stand. Not likely but there are a few good bucks around and you never know.

Be safe and shoot straight!

Reactions: Texas Grown

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Great post DW5.
Likewise, hope you have a great season as well and send us some pics. with that Ravin laying across your animal.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RDX and speed trap, wishing y’all the best of luck this weekend, I’m hoping it does some by RDX!

Thank you Bigbird! I’m sure I’ll have something to show decently soon. I’ll be opening upon the year (next weekend) on the family lease. While I don’t believe the bucks are quite as big, it is very game rich from what I’ve been told. Also sounds like my cousin and myself will have the place to ourselves next weekend. Maybe a little silver lining in us both having to me is opening weekend.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Nother Texas son hope-n the best for you, and all who read this. :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Set up a little make-shift range after work today on the side of the office. I got a little shooting in but main goal was to make sure Dad’s R20 was on point one last time as he’s heading out for opening weekend tomorrow. Bucks beware! He was spot on!

Hard to tell from the pics, but the shot angle from the setup is about 40 degrees to the targets. Had them set at 20, 40, 50, and the far one at 100 yards.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Yeah,
I hope all kill a big one with their Ravins.
Even small ones too.
Bow season has turned into my favorite Vs using other weapons to deer hunt.
Just plum enjoyable.

Good luck to all.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah,
I hope all kill a big one with their Ravins.
Even small ones too.
Bow season has turned into my favorite Vs using other weapons to deer hunt.
Just plum enjoyable.

Good luck to all.
Hey Riflenut, just wanted to say hello and I hope all is going well. Saw your post with the buck! Congrats, and I am also lucky to have a mother in law who I appreciate very single day!

Want to say thanks for all the informative posts and YouTube videos as well! You’ve been a Godsend more than once for me! Also you probably don’t remember it, but I’d like to say thank you again for taking the time to answer some personal messages last year when I was toying with Thorn broadheads and having some problems. Happy hunting sir and I sure hope to see another nice buck or two!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts