Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love those tall racks. Really nice bucks.
My problem is, when the acorns drop, they move away and don’t show up until November.
Some make it back and some don’t.
The property that’s next to me are full of White Oaks .
Wish I had permission to be there.

·
Registered
10,434 Posts
As long as you have food in your plots and does coming in to eat you will have bucks also come pre-rut and rut. That licking branch and scrape should keep at least one of the bucks interested also. Archery season might be tough having to compete with white oaks though but I would think the white oaks will not be dropping good till a week or two into the season.

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
I agree. Get your plots green for the winter and once a really hard frost hits the bucks will be there...following the does.;):)

Reactions: allNitroedup

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, I’ll be planting my Fall plot in early to mid September.

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
Yes, I’ll be planting my Fall plot in early to mid September.
I hope to have mine going in Labor Day weekend. I waited until late Sept a few years ago and it got cold before the wheat and oats made it much over an inch tall. 'Course it didn't sprout right away as it stayed dry several weeks before it got rain.

Only 48 days, 9 hours until my opener. But heck! Who's counting.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I hope to have mine going in Labor Day weekend. I waited until late Sept a few years ago and it got cold before the wheat and oats made it much over an inch tall. 'Course it didn't sprout right away as it stayed dry several weeks before it got rain.

Only 48 days, 9 hours until my opener. But heck! Who's counting.
I’ll try and plant that time also. I’m hoping it will start raining that time.
Thanks for the info.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts