Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find info concerning stock & barrel material, auto safety, anti-dry fire, cocking mechanism compatibility, scope eye relief for the predator. Please help.

The tech info that I have found is very impressive.

I've been shopping for 5 months and had narrowed my decision down to 2 manufacturers. The recent release of the predator has me on hold.

P.S.: My quad 300 has been very good to me.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Questions about the Predator

Wild Bill,

The stock & barrel material are composite (glass reinforced low friction polymer). Very low friction track surface for extended string serving life. The cables slide on a Teflon strip. The Predator cables are utilize a served in spool for increased strength and shock tolerance.

Upon cocking the bow the safety automatically engages.

There currently is no anti-dry fire integrated into the machine trigger assembly.

Cocking mechanism compatibility is a rope cocking aid (included with the Predator) or a Barnett Crank Cocking Device (CCD) which is available separately.

Scope eye relief for the Predator is fully adjustable (via extended scope mounting rails and adjustable butt plate) and equal to the revolution style stock bodies.

Predators have been shipping from the factory for over a month so bow packages are available in the marketplace.

Please feel free to ask more questions.

Thank you,

BXB

·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anti-dry fire

Thanx for your reply.

You stated: There currently is no anti-dry fire integrated into the machine trigger assembly. Is there a anti-dry fire in this xbow's future production?

·
Registered
121 Posts
In todays competitive sales environment a manufacturer must continuously innovate or wither on the vine. Unfortunately, I am not at liberty to discuss products under development.

BXB

·
81 Posts
If there is a anti dry fire mech on the horizon or any other improvement, does Barnett try to make the change retroffitable on earlier models?

·
104 Posts
i shot my buddies predator yesterday... it was seriously impressive.

the penetration on that bow was astonishing, and it registered 381-389 on my chrony with a 415 grain bolt.

it's also a LOT quieter than my wildcat c5.... i don't think you could go wrong with this bow

·
316 Posts
BePrepared,

415 is a bit light on the Predator. Awesome speed, but you're taking a chance with breaking string fibers. 445 gr ship with bow & is the lightest they recommend.

·
104 Posts
yeah, we only used those so that my friend could get an accurate comparison of the power of his predator with my C5. It was shooting 65 fps faster... kind of staggering when you consider that my wildcat punches all the way through a deadstop, and made a full pass through on a 190lb boar. I don't think there's a land animal on the planet that his wouldn't kill with a well placed shot.

today we went and played at our range (a pond levee and 100 yards of pasture + a pair of deadstops) and he got his bow to group in the bullseye at 80 yards. I could manage 60 yards consistently, and my groups at 80 were about 5-7 inches.

That bow is awesome, but my c5 is all the hog hunting bow i'll ever need :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts