Crossbow Nation banner

Would you buy a "tactical" repeating crossbow? Why or why not?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Note: Apologies in advance to all the poll haters, just doing a quick poll on a topic I couldn't find in the search

I am unsure how many folks out here really like the idea of repeating crossbows, but just for a refresher they look like this:

With that out of the way, does anyone here have an opinion of them? For example, is the crossbow too heavy, tough to clean, too many parts, etc? Perhaps more nuanced things, such as its fandom and manufacturer?

(Doesn't matter if you prefer paper or hunting, just curious for everyone's perspective).

·
Registered
486 Posts
If it works and it will Keel.... You bet... I have not found a Bow that I can shoot faster than my traditionals... As far as loading and follow up.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Note: Apologies in advance to all the poll haters, just doing a quick poll on a topic I couldn't find in the search

I am unsure how many folks out here really like the idea of repeating crossbows, but just for a refresher they look like this:

View attachment 196224

With that out of the way, does anyone here have an opinion of them? For example, is the crossbow too heavy, tough to clean, too many parts, etc? Perhaps more nuanced things, such as its fandom and manufacturer?

(Doesn't matter if you prefer paper or hunting, just curious for everyone's perspective).
I personally feel such a device urges the shooter to not wait for the right (ethical) shot simply because of the option of a quick follow-up shot. I also feel biased against the image of the tacticool operator wielding such a weapon. They’d probably hold the thing sideways when they shoot it anyhow...

·
10,601 Posts
Yes ... if it was small enough and had enough speed and power. Unfortunately none have enough to satisfy my parameters.

Reactions: Ironminer

·
Registered
52 Posts
If I want a tactical weapon with the range of a crossbow I will use what I did in Viet Nam, a Model 12 Winchester

·
Registered
275 Posts
just love the content and creativity of Joerg who invented this, but its useless in my opinion

as far as i know its detachable and weights about 600grams(1.3pounds)

if you dont like the idea of carrying arrows (currently 6 + 2 in future) separately and dont mind extra weight then it might be usefull

·
Registered
Nemesis 480 & DeathStalker 380, I live near Greensburg PA. I enjoy building custom strings
7,553 Posts
I'd buy one but only would shoot it for fun. I wouldn't even think about hunting with it unless I was going after coyotes or other vermin .... it would be good for raccoons or groundhogs and skunk....

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
Don’t need a repeating crossbow but I am looking at this new revolver!

FFB96-C63-9-E94-463-F-9-E45-91513-A98-BF60.jpg

Reactions: dynamo61 and tanasi

·
Registered
Nemesis 480 & DeathStalker 380, I live near Greensburg PA. I enjoy building custom strings
7,553 Posts
You and me both, Martymig.
He is always working on something cool!
He does a good job. Great quality and sincerity in his presentation also.

·
2,281 Posts
No, I have never in 46 years killed more than one deer per day. Its legal to kill a doe then a buck or the reverse. Just never had any desire to. Always felt like i was wasting a day of hunting if i did.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts