Crossbow Nation banner

Would you buy a "tactical" repeating crossbow? Why or why not?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,768 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm satisfied with 6 arrows per minute on my traditional bow. If I wanted faster, I would just go with my 1911. ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't think Joerg's invention is primarily intended for hunting. It has come a long way from his first, wooden, Legolas demo. The bow (less magazine) looks mighty similar to Cold Steel Cheapshot 130. Different decal, emblem, etc. One thing he ran into in development was a need to beef the cocking mechanism. The magazines (5 or7 rounds) seem well engineered. Do I need one? Probably not. Would I have fun with it, or find it handy at times? (Definitely) Yes. A limitation for hunting purposes could be the short bolts. Don't know their weight. With the latest version, a standard length bolt can be loaded through the front of the rail under the magazine. "Let me show you its fee-chures!" Make sure and wear your safety t-shirt.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
NO,,,,,, I'll leave it at that.

Reactions: rt2bowhunter

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
No, I have never in 46 years killed more than one deer per day. Its legal to kill a doe then a buck or the reverse. Just never had any desire to. Always felt like i was wasting a day of hunting if i did.
I have Joe, but always had to tag the first before I could fill the other tag's. Today, I have no desire, and even if I had that desire, I dam sure ain't got the energy to properly take care of them both, this is where physical limits, overrule wants, even if I did have the desire!

Reactions: rt2bowhunter
21 - 27 of 27 Posts