Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you like to know how to hunt worldwide cheap or within you price range?
I'm going to share how I get to travel all over and hunt with different quality outfits for those who are interested.

Here's how we do it.
First, you need to join hunting associations like Safari Club International. I also belong to the Exotic Wildlife Association. The yearly dues for SCI are @ $50.00 per year, and $25.00 for the local chapter if you would like to be an active member locally. They also offer discounted family memberships. That money does go to great hunting and conservation causes and issues, so the money is well spent. SCI is the leader in fighting for hunters rights world wide and associated issues, especially in Washington DC.

We attend the banquets and events where quality outfits donate hunts and fishing trips to raise money. There is a live auction and you sign up for a bidders number and then look at the program of what is offered and what you are interested in. Then, set your limit to what you would pay for that hunt.
SCI is very picky about "who" they let donate and expect a good hunt report when the hunt is over. If there is not a good hunt report, that outfit is no longer able to donate for a few years so they are insuring you get a good quality hunt, and they offer viewing of those hunt reports on file by other members to members.
So, let me tell you what we have done in that venue, and what we paid for each. Some of these trips were through SCI and some were through the EWA.
We went to South Africa, everything included except airfare for two persons and that included both of us taking a Warthog and an Impala, 2x1 PH, food & lodging, airport p/u and drop off, trackers, laundry, etc. $400.00
Yep, I said $400.00. No one knew of this new PH and so I won the bid. Airfare was $1,500.00 each. Best hunt of my life too! I learned so much, and made such good life long friends. We also were invited to stay extra days so we did-for free. I added a Blue Wildebeest on for $750.00
Next trip, we went to Sask Canada for 7 days of Fall Black Bear hunting with everything included except airfare and car rental. $1,000.00
Then, we went to La Pampa Argentina for 7 days with an Asian Buffalo and a wild goat trophy included along with meals and lodging, airport p/u drop off included for $2,500.00. I added a Red Stag on for $2,500.00 while my partner took the other trophies. Tried to find a wild boar, but only found sows. Butch, my other half added a Capybara, and Vishcacha and missed a black buck antelope and a fox.
We have also purchased several hog hunts locally for between $300-$600.00
Some fishing trips, etc.
Now then, When you do purchase these donated hunts, it's not said, but what you should do is add another trophy or two if the ranch offers other game. You just pay the trophy fee as most will waive all the other usual fees of guides, trackers, meals & lodging since you are already there. This way, it does give them some money to pay costs for hosting you. Just look at the price sheet of what they offer and tack something else on you want or can afford while you are already there. You generally have up to a year to book the hunt and save money to tack something extra on. Also, make darn sure you tip them for all the hard work they did for you when you depart.Pretend it was you doing the hosting, and what you would appreciate as the tip. Next, they want a good hunt report and recognition. Recognition is what they do this for, so you can do that by filing the hunt report form offered, enter your animal into the record book, write and publish your hunt report or a story of the hunt with a hunting magazine or their publications. Help advertise for them by word of mouth. If you enter the animal into the record book, it is there for eternity for them and their competition and other hunters to see, and gives them something in return to use for advertisement of their ranch and services.The entry will tell what animal, what outfitter and guide, the date, the score, and sometimes, the photo of you and your animal. It also gives a comparison of the game quality in different areas of the world. You will also be recorded for eternity for your heirs to see a hundred years from now, when they do a geneology search and want to know about you and what you loved to do.
To enter an animal in the SCI book, it costs $40.00. If you want a plaque with all the info on it to hang on the wall, add $30.00. You turn those in January of each year.
See how easy this is to hunt worldwide for cheap? I hope to see you at the next auction! Oh, and when you purchase the hunt, they do take credit cards. LMAO.

·
Banned
364 Posts
That's good info. I have won a few hunts at RMEF and other banquets. Lots of times nobody bids on them or the stop at 1/4th the value.

·
190 Posts
GuideGirl thats good info. Thanks.

·
104 Posts
Thank you very much for this valuable information Guide Girl

·
Registered
83 Posts
Since I 'do' like to eat freal hogs, I just "HAD" t look up warthog recipes! :phew: Yes, they exist! even some for cooking the worts :thumbsd: After all, it is a pig, did you give the natives the hog? or did they cook it for the gang?Saved the pelt? mount the head?Make a medallion with one or both of the tasks?
None of my hogs had big tasks to make a texas style tie

Lrodshy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts