Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive lighting Helmet Automotive tire Bumper Toy

Was sitting in my blind this morning when I noticed my left limb was delaminating again. This is the second time I’ve had limb issues with my X1.
It hasn’t been shot too many times since I got it back from KI with new limbs, string & cables. Shooting 425 grain BEEs & Tapps with Arc nocks.
I love this bow platform but I can’t tolerate having it broken repeatedly.

·
Crossbow Nut
4,453 Posts
View attachment 212023
Was sitting in my blind this morning when I noticed my left limb was delaminating again. This is the second time I’ve had limb issues with my X1.
It hasn’t been shot too many times since I got it back from KI with new limbs, string & cables. Shooting 425 grain BEEs & Tapps with Arc nocks.
I love this bow platform but I can’t tolerate having it broken repeatedly.
Man I hope they get this fixed real soon!

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
Obviously there was a huge difference in the " testers" limbs and what the customers actually got!

Sorry you're having to deal with that yet again......

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
Sorry to hear about the limb experience. Until the limb manufacture up grades the limbs
to a better quality the U.S. KI dealer is going to keep sending out the same faulty product.
My advice, once the crossbow is repaired, either get rid of it or re enforce the limbs and
back the cams off a bit to help save the limbs.

Keeping on what has been happening, some one is going to be seriously hurt.

Wishing you all the best.
Take care.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Certainly hate to hear this is ongoing problem. I'm the same way, couple times of that n i am done. I sit back in the cut n watch all of this. I won't buy no Companies crossbows that constantly have these problems. How much does it cost you in shipping the Bow back each time ? Lost time from hunting n so on

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Certainly hate to hear this is ongoing problem. I'm the same way, couple times of that n i am done. I sit back in the cut n watch all of this. I won't buy no Companies crossbows that constantly have these problems. How much does it cost you in shipping the Bow back each time ? Lost time from hunting n so on
It a pain in the arse thats for sure. Been there with more than one brand and im through with it myself.

Ill buy the cheapo's at walmart or dunhams anymore, throw em away if they break and buy another.

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
I almost bought this bow as a backup! Glad I waited and went a different way.....I wasn't worried about the design, it was the materials and where it was made that held me back.
Maybe next year, after the next model has been in the hands of customers for a while.

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
It a pain in the arse thats for sure. Been there with more than one brand and im through with it myself.

Ill buy the cheapo's at walmart or dunhams anymore, throw em away if they break and buy another.
Probably be cheaper, LOL.

Reactions: Yelpy and dynamo61

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
I will say, KI is a POS company. They knew back when about the 415 Ripper limb breakages, and they of coarse know about this current debacle. When you as a company or just a fellow human being knowingly put trash in the hands of your buyers, and don't do I recall, Well then my words stand. The Company is a POS. Again this is my opinion, You don't have to agree.
Why my hardon for KI when I don't even own one, quite simple. I unfortunately told 3 of my good friends, one being my business partner to buy the Ripper. All 3 broke and even twice on one of them.. They looked to me to fix them.. Yes KI responded quickly and sent me 4 new front ends. But I had to do the legwork, I had to replace the front ends and then resight. Its uncalled for. And until all of us including the fanboys get on the phone and say no more, well then nothing is going to happen. I say this to Ravin with the 500 and other company's. We the end users are not suppose to be your guinea pigs.

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Short limbs and fast bows don’t go together. This is gonna happen!!
Well I agree to a point but its not only the shorties and if they dont work dont freaking put em on the market for everyone to buy and have problems.

These crossbow companies are getting away with too much any more.

How many companies do you think have broken limb issues? Id bet all of them. Its about time they put the broken limb issues to bed and stop introducing new models until they do. Its getting rediculous.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I don't get it.

I handle mine pretty rough. Cock it at the truck, throw it in the back pack, hunt. End of hunt, throw it back in the pack, pack in the back of my truck till I get home. Then unload.

It's been cocked for 3 hours a day for 4 weeks. No issues.

Can't figure out why i haven't seen issues, Ive ever been "lucky.

Sucks for you guys, but please don't give up on KI. They will work this out and it will prevail as a top notch bow.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 121 Posts