Crossbow Nation banner
101 - 120 of 121 Posts

·
3,215 Posts
Who knows but the competition to produce the fastest bows are creating this. These companies will tell you the limbs issue is rare. BS. They have a problem but won't admit it

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
I'm surprised at your answer. The real problem is us, wanting and especially buying faster bows.

·
3,215 Posts
LOL! But you bought it!
I had a 440 and sold it. Didn't like the speed or the rudeness of the shot. I had a 165 Scorpyd and sold it. I have a 150 Vent that I don't care for and was up for sale. Yes, I bought it and took a bath. My 400 Suppressor with the best limbs in the industry shoots a 408 gr arrow at 380 ft/sec. While that is still unnecessary power, it is manageable. I've had faster bows but none have ever stayed with me. The only thing that is shameful is that it took me so long to figure that out. I can easily afford to buy faster bows but I don't. None of them attract my attention or more importantly my curiosity. Curiosity is why I bought 75% of my bows. Fast bows are like boobs and cars, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it. The faster the car and the bigger the boobs means you'll have more trouble and sooner. Call me a guy, but I see no difference between fast bows, fast cars and big boobs. Yes, I had cars fully capable of 300 kmph. Like Tom says, been there, done that, won't do it again.

·
3,215 Posts
Missing the point dude. I'll now continue to hunt with my $230 centerpoint sniper. Never an issue in 5 years

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
I am not missing the point I am on point dude. You bought a fast bow. This part of your learning process. My learning process took over 20 years, I hope yours is shorter!

Reactions: Moon

·
Registered
429 Posts
I am sorry SW for your 2nd Limb failire!! I did not upgrade from the XP to the X1. My XP " The evil larger brother" has performed flawlessly over the last two seasons. It's cocked from Sunrise to sunset. Not sure why this happens for one bow and another bow's limbs will crack.
However, it is KI responsibility to fix this issue!

Is Reality Perception or is Perception Reality? I would go with the latter. Only KI can fix this issue!!!

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
I am sorry SW for your 2nd Limb failire!! I did not upgrade from the XP to the X1. My XP " The evil larger brother" has performed flawlessly over the last two seasons. It's cocked from Sunrise to sunset. Not sure why this happens from bow to bow. However, it is KI responsibility to fix this issue!

Is Reality Perception or is Perception Reality? I would go with the latter. Only KI can fix this issue!!!
Same with my XP. I will never get rid of that bow. Been extremely reliable in its "detuned" state flinging 462 gn tapps at 380 fps.

My X1 may end up getting detuned some before its all said and done. If I can get it shooting 350 fps with close to a 500 gn arrow and be trouble free...well...that is my goal. 😁👍

·
3,215 Posts
Once they get the X1 limb issues figured out, I will be buying another for a backup.
I like it that much!
I might be wrong but this whole thing reminds me of the XP introduction. Lots of initial limb failures, then nothing. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Same with my XP. I will never get rid of that bow. Been extremely reliable in its "detuned" state flinging 462 gn tapps at 380 fps.

My X1 may end up getting detuned some before its all said and done. If I can get it shooting 350 fps with close to a 500 gn arrow and be trouble free...well...that is my goal. 😁👍
My bows are shooting 355 FPS with 457 grain Tapps. Dot a buck and a doe so far this year. The X-1 in this configuration is about as good as it gets for a hunting bow.

·
Registered
429 Posts

Mine is set up identical to your bow.

·
Registered
631 Posts

My X1 may end up getting detuned some before its all said and done. If I can get it shooting 350 fps with close to a 500 gn arrow and be trouble free...well...that is my goal.
You know that’s my end goal as well

500 gr at about 350-360

Perfection!

KI Swat X1 (x2)
Sig Sauer BDX and Kilo 1800
Thorn Crown 125 and HPX 125

·
Registered
429 Posts

Reliability is the key factor because you can't shoot a deer with a broken bow. :) Happy Thanksgiving Jim.

101 - 120 of 121 Posts