Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about giving it a try on X1 number 2.

BE Executioner with 3” vane, ARC nock and 150 gr Swhackers come in at 498 gr (+/- 1 gr). That should put me right about 350 fps or so.

Thoughts? Anyone else running a similar weight?

KI Swat X1 (x2)
Sig Sauer BDX and Kilo 1800
Thorn Crown 125 and HPX 125

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Z, I've been pushin 470 gr out of mine and all's good. 500 is only a little more.
That’s about where I would fall if I run a 125

KI Swat X1 (x2)

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
I am trying something very similar when I get some S/Cs that actually work and get my Sig back. I am going to be at 485gn with 20" tapps, 3.15 vanetec vanes, 92gn DT inserts, Swhacker 150gn heads and Glory nocks.
Wood Line Wall Tints and shades Font

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am trying something very similar when I get some S/Cs that actually work and get my Sig back. I am going to be at 485gn with 20" tapps, 3.15 vanetec vanes, 92gn DT inserts, Swhacker 150gn heads and Glory nocks.
View attachment 212200
I received the new set of AS strings just last week but now I’m skeptical to even spend the time to install them after seeing cam serving issues for other with them.

Anyone want to build me a set of strings from a more elastic material than factory uses?

KI Swat X1 (x2)

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
I received the new set of AS strings just last week but now I’m skeptical to even spend the time to install them after seeing cam serving issues for other with them.

Anyone want to build me a set of strings from a more elastic material than factory uses?

KI Swat X1 (x2)
I would install them and shoot them keeping an eye on that area where mine cut the serving in 1 shot. If they fail call TJ. I sent them my factory set so they will have the right size for the loops this time.

·
Crossbow Nut
4,453 Posts

KI Swat X1 (x2)
Z, I would check out this company for strings:
They use Force 10, but they also have some Astro Flight listed on Ebay for sale, so since they have it they would likely make you some s/c from it. If they don't have the specs, I can send em if they need em.
F10 is a good material also.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Z, I would check out this company for strings:
They use Force 10, but they also have some Astro Flight listed on Ebay for sale, so since they have it they would likely make you some s/c from it. If they don't have the specs, I can send em if they need em.
F10 is a good material also.
I believe Force 10 is what AS used on these

KI Swat X1 (x2)

·
Registered
24 Posts

KI Swat X1 (x2)
my A.S. strings for my fatal x seem to fit good and have not given me any concern about wear. over 40 shots.

·
Registered
502 Posts

KI Swat X1 (x2)
Did you measure the end loops to see if they were built the same size as OEA?

I will be ordering some additional colors of Mercury. What color were you thinking?

·
Registered
165 Posts
View attachment 212200
OEA, I was wondering how your accuracy was with the glory nocks and it looks like your using the Flat?

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Did you measure the end loops to see if they were built the same size as OEA?

I will be ordering some additional colors of Mercury. What color were you thinking?
I haven’t had time to measure yet, maybe today

I’m thinking silver for one bow and maybe yellow or another bright color for the other

KI Swat X1 (x2)

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
OEA, I was wondering how your accuracy was with the glory nocks and it looks like your using the Flat?
Yep they are flats and they shoot great. I took a piece of sand paper to them and smoothed off the sharp edge a little so they are easier on the center serving. I don't have a ton of shots with them yet to know if it helps or not. The one thing I will say with them I dont like is if you drop the arrow down the barrel it will turn them on. I had a few instances hunting where when I unloaded the arrow they were lit. If I take my time loading and let the arrow hit the back gently, no issue. They are very brite and super easy to turn off. So far my favorite lighted nock.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yep they are flats and they shoot great. I took a piece of sand paper to them and smoothed off the sharp edge a little so they are easier on the center serving. I don't have a ton of shots with them yet to know if it helps or not. The one thing I will say with them I dont like is if you drop the arrow down the barrel it will turn them on. I had a few instances hunting where when I unloaded the arrow they were lit. If I take my time loading and let the arrow hit the back gently, no issue. They are very brite and super easy to turn off. So far my favorite lighted nock.
Yea i have to be careful slidin them down the barrel but not a big deal.. i did shoot a deer the other day and didnt get a pass thru... nock was lit as deer ran off but somewhere in last 50 yds of finding deer the arrow came out and nock turned off. Havent found the arrow.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Yea i have to be careful slidin them down the barrel but not a big deal.. i did shoot a deer the other day and didnt get a pass thru... nock was lit as deer ran off but somewhere in last 50 yds of finding deer the arrow came out and nock turned off. Havent found the arrow.
That stinks. Hate losing an arrow! Odd that it turned off. 🤔

1 - 20 of 26 Posts