Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve seen a X25 model mentioned several times on the ongoing thread on the general forum. I was going to ask this there but didn’t want to derail the thread from its subject so I’ll ask it here.
What would the major differences between the proposed X25 and the X1?

Internal crank? Ability to decock?
Shorter barrel?

Hopefully it’s not classified information but I have to admit I’m curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Here ya go!

·
2,267 Posts
I’ve seen a X25 model mentioned several times on the ongoing thread on the general forum. I was going to ask this there but didn’t want to derail the thread from its subject so I’ll ask it here.
What would the major differences between the proposed X25 and the X1?

Internal crank? Ability to decock?
Shorter barrel?

Hopefully it’s not classified information but I have to admit I’m curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It would be the same size as the X1, but it's the "balanced cable system" that would be different. You see, cables are the culprit that causes limb twist and cam lean. That hinders the dynamic action of the bow through drag on all the moving components on the shot. With the balanced cable system, you use the same cam on both sides where one is flipped up-side-down. This allows the main string to be perfectly centered between the limbs and will float (not rub) between the upper and lower barrel halves. One cable is set up to work over the loaded arrow and the other would work under the arrow. Both cables are equadistent from the centered string resulting in ZERO limb twist or cam lean. There are other items, but you'll have to wait.)

·
2,267 Posts
Here ya go!

The axle to axle would be the same as the X1 cocked and un-cocked. Not as wide as mentioned in previous threads.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the information. Sounds interesting!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
2,589 Posts
Look for post #16

·
Registered
Backinda woods of Maine
880 Posts
It would be the same size as the X1, but it's the "balanced cable system" that would be different. You see, cables are the culprit that causes limb twist and cam lean. That hinders the dynamic action of the bow through drag on all the moving components on the shot. With the balanced cable system, you use the same cam on both sides where one is flipped up-side-down. This allows the main string to be perfectly centered between the limbs and will float (not rub) between the upper and lower barrel halves. One cable is set up to work over the loaded arrow and the other would work under the arrow. Both cables are equadistent from the centered string resulting in ZERO limb twist or cam lean. There are other items, but you'll have to wait.)
Perhaps next season Oldflyer?

·
2,267 Posts
Perhaps next season Oldflyer?
I'm thinking that there might be one ahead of it that will be an early early to production that may appeal to a slightly different crowd, but I feel the X25 should be done. They may not call it that, but it's no matter to me.
Ki will be in the groove as well as better funds to do things a lot quicker from now on. You know, unless an asteroid or something hits the earth or if our President........ oops, no politics.. 😂🤣

·
11,716 Posts
I'm thinking that there might be one ahead of it that will be an early early to production that may appeal to a slightly different crowd, but I feel the X25 should be done. They may not call it that, but it's no matter to me.
Ki will be in the groove as well as better funds to do things a lot quicker from now on. You know, unless an asteroid or something hits the earth or if our President........ oops, no politics.. 😂🤣

·
5,732 Posts
Your adding a bathroom,Sew is adding a Swat room.
I thought the day would never come, but my flawless soft black mat Aculeus 460/AD plus extra AD cord and 2 new sets of S&Cs, and arrows are at The Twisted Arrow in Poplar Bluff, MO for sale.
I currently have a SWAT of each generation and will continue to do so. Selling the Scorpyd will create enough room for the next 3 SWATs.

As for Jeff ——

1 - 19 of 19 Posts