Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
7,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son in-law has his own fish charter service. He took a client out fishing. They both are outdoorsman and the client shared he had severe Xbow accident last hunt season. Accidental discharge turning in his tree climber to shoot a deer. The string went through his thumb like soft butter.

Obviously, these xbows can be quite dangerous for self inflicted injuries. Let's all be careful.

Keep it real!

Gesture Finger Recipe Nail Wrist

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I find my self doing stupid stuff when someone distracting me while shooting.

This thought usually pops into my mind.

Reactions: robertyb and Moon

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
i also thought about this the many times i use to hoist a cocked bow up into tree in the total darkness.

Really kind of dumb when you think about it. Thats a lot of faith in that safety back then

Reactions: TomOnTheRun

·
Registered
526 Posts
Nightmare scenario for sure. I try to concentrate on the shot process, and avoid distractions if I can. I doubt there is much pain in the initial amputation,but man after you come to realize what transpired, I would imagine the pain comes in spades and looms large!
Sorry to hear anyone going through this. Be safe!:sick:

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
Wow, that's terrible. They can be extremely dangerous for sure.

My ex chopped the tip of her thumb off right in the middle of Gander Mountain on an old Parker bow that had non-existent finder guards. First and last time she ever shot a XBow as far as I know. I am the opposite....have an Xbow accident and jump right into them full throttle! 😏

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
Wow, that's terrible. They can be extremely dangerous for sure.

My ex chopped the tip of her thumb off right in the middle of Gander Mountain on an old Parker bow that had non-existent finder guards. First and last time she ever shot a XBow as far as I know. I am the opposite....have an Xbow accident and jump right into them full throttle! 😏
Uh...that sounds litigious!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts