Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

6,195 Posts
christopher has the one I used to have. I had it on a 340 fps bow, while his is much faster. I set it up with the reticle dots at 3x for hunting, and could get to 45 yards with the turret. If you want to use the turret, get Burris z rings and get it zeroed near the bottom of the vertical adjustment range. Chris can give you more info for your likely fast bow.

· Registered
745 Posts
i zeroed mine at 30 yards but hunt with the turret dialed to 40 yards. i use it as a red dot out to 45 yards. for a precision shot at 3x the top hash mark is 20 yards, the hash below center is 50 and the second dot is 60 yards. for even more precision and if time allows just adjust the turrent and zoom.
in the past few years i have used the sig bdx, oracle x, hawke and several others i am probably forgetting. this scope is king with its low light abilities, clarity, clean reticle and versatility.

Jeff, thank you again! The scope you sold me served me very well last year! i shot a yote at 42 yards and a buck at 38 yards, both times i had zero time to be able to range or mess with buttons, dials or turrets... this scope is LEGIT!

· Registered
207 Posts
I’ve used three of them for years. I’ve had my best luck with Warne Rings with 20 MOA. I had mine maxed out and couldn’t get it on paper. Once I put this on it was perfect and rock solid

· Registered
3,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’ve used three of them for years. I’ve had my best luck with Warne Rings with 20 MOA. I had mine maxed out and couldn’t get it on paper. Once I put this on it was perfect and rock solid
I bought basically the same one piece cantilever mount with 20 moa but it’s a vortex

· Registered
106 Posts
Sight it in at what ever yard you like and dial it in. I sight in at 25 and put my dial in out to 45 yards on my scope cap. 45 yards is the farthest I will shoot at deer with my 440 FPS crossbow. The Vortex XBR on my current crossbow is one thing I will not sell it has worked great for me. I sold my second one when I went down to one crossbow I should have kept it.

· Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Both of mine are set up with 20 moa cantilever mounts. I only use the turret and not the dot increments on mine. Both with 30 yard zero's. Top pic is dial increments for my Nemesis 480 and bottom for my slower Vent 150.

Not sure of your speeds, but maybe you could use these as a starting point. Great scope and once set up, you will love it!

Handwriting Rectangle Font Writing Paper product
Font Number Event Parallel

• Helpful
Reactions: Ironminer

· Registered
401 Posts
Both of mine are set up with 20 moa cantilever mounts. I only use the turret and not the dot increments on mine. Both with 30 yard zero's. Top pic is dial increments for my Nemesis 480 and bottom for my slower Vent 150.

Not sure of your speeds, but maybe you could use these as a starting point. Great scope and once set up, you will love it!

View attachment 246045 View attachment 246046
You ever consider making a tape for you elevation turret???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts