Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got the calipers out instead of trying to measure with the tape and had 51.5mm on the objective, 40.5mm on the rubber eye, and 41.3mm on the eye piece.

I found an old Butler Creek chart that list 14/33 for the 2.5-10x44. That lines up pretty close to my measurements so I’m going to order those.

I’ll update after I receive them.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ended up ordering Monstrum instead of Butler Creek. They were a little cheaper but could get here about a week faster.

They are a soft rubber and fit a range of scopes. I ordered 37-42mm for the eyepiece and49-54mm for the objective. I only installed them today but initial opinions are positive.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Does their eyepiece cap push to open like the Butler Creek? My Vortex caps don’t, and always pull off when trying to pop open. That’s why I want the Butler Creek.

·
Registered
18,378 Posts
Good question. I need two eyepiece caps myself. The Vortex caps I have want to slide off when trying to open.
Put a wrap of tennis wrap or even tape on the end of the scope and then slide the Vortex caps over it and they will stop sliding.

Hmmm! I just read your other post where you said yours don't flip open. You must have different Vortex caps on yours than I have on mine. I use the Defender caps.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
They flip open, but by pulling the tab away from scope. Butler Creek makes their eyepiece cap so that you push forward toward the scope. Makes a huge difference.
Here’s one on my Ruger:
Wood Font Writing implement Flooring Garden tool

push the red lever
Wood Gas Writing implement Musical instrument Idiophone

and it silently pops open.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The Monstrum does not have a lever like the Butler Creek you do push on the corner of the cover itself to pop it open.

I’ll have it out hunting this weekend so I should have some more experience by Monday.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts