Crossbow Nation banner
121 - 140 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
That could be the battery getting weak. You might want to carry a couple just in case.
The battery is showing fully charged on the scope and rangefinder. The rangefinder and the scope were not communicating for some reason then all of a sudden they did and it was working. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
My serving is separating pretty good where the hooks are. No time to do anything about it before Leaving for out west, hope she holds up for the hunt. been putting quite a bit of Black lightning on it as sew said. Just wondering if that is helping the serving to separate? Also having the hook pop off on the left side only when letting down crank. Also noticed the right limb is out more than left by little under an 1/8" Right is 4 3/8 from barrel to center and left is 4 2/8. I don't have a press yet but got one coming from 92 Safari.
Does the left side hook smack you in the thumb when it lets go? Kinda hurts a little after the 20th time lol.

My wear on the serving where the hooks go hasnt gotten any worse after my first 20 shots or so.

Reactions: Vitalinvader

·
Registered
396 Posts
No it misses me every time but I can imagine it would hurt. I leave the bow in the death grip as I cock and hold the but plate under cocker with left hand. Was a pain taking it in and out to cock it. When it’s cocked and you look down from above you can see the string stays in the barrel longer on the left side. I’m thinking a guy could straighten that out with a few twists of the cables?

·
2,512 Posts
No it misses me every time but I can imagine it would hurt. I leave the bow in the death grip as I cock and hold the but plate under cocker with left hand. Was a pain taking it in and out to cock it. When it’s cocked and you look down from above you can see the string stays in the barrel longer on the left side. I’m thinking a guy could straighten that out with a few twists of the cables?
Why would the hook hit your left thumb? Isn't your left thumb busy holding the crank release on the back of the cocker? Someone post a photo of where your hands are when taking the tension off the hooks after cocking.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
My serving is separating pretty good where the hooks are. No time to do anything about it before Leaving for out west, hope she holds up for the hunt. been putting quite a bit of Black lightning on it as sew said. Just wondering if that is helping the serving to separate? Also having the hook pop off on the left side only when letting down crank. Also noticed the right limb is out more than left by little under an 1/8" Right is 4 3/8 from barrel to center and left is 4 2/8. I don't have a press yet but got one coming from 92 Safari.
The difference in the quoted measurement may be a limb deflection or a weaker limb.
Check it once in a while. As is, one can compensate by setting the scope and still be
on the point of aim. If the crossbow has a different limb deflection or a weaker limb,
the stronger limb will pull the weaker one closer to the rail. Axle to axle measurement
in the uncocked and cocked position may not change.

Wishing you all the best.
Take care.

·
2,512 Posts
Chances are that axle to barrel center is different from left to right because the riser is not perfectly square with the barrel. It WILL NOT take much being out of square to read 1/8" difference as far back as the axles are from the riser. The differences in the left to center and the right to center may be different whether the bow is relaxed or cocked due to the torque forces on the barrel. Check to see if the screws holding the riser to the front of the barrel are loose. If they are, tighten them gradually while gently rocking riser left to right in that it may lock into the machined grooves better. If one axle is still farther from the center of the barrel than the other, a simple way to see if one pair of limbs is weaker than the other is to switch sides of the limbs. If the distance measurements switches, it is the limbs and I would ask for a different set. If the measurement is the same as before, AND the riser screws are tight, it will be the same for EVERY shot and the enclosed barrel will still keep the arrows leaving the bow consistently.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 · (Edited)
Why would the hook hit your left thumb? Isn't your left thumb busy holding the crank release on the back of the cocker? Someone post a photo of where your hands are when taking the tension off the hooks after cocking.
Bow is out in my shop now but I can take a pic tomorrow if you want. Left thumb is on the crank release and the hook comes flipping straight back over the top smacking me on the thumb nail. I have learned to put my thumb down lower and as far right as I can and have been able to avoid it. 🙃

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
Shot another 20 shots or so once the wind died down. Adjusted the speed up on the BDX and it was shooting spot on at 50. Last 2 shots I went back to 70 to see how the scope would be and it shot 6 inches low. This scope is gonna be the death of me! At least Xena is doing her part now. Switching to ARC nocks seems to have helped my accuracy issue immensly.

·
2,512 Posts
Bow is out in my shop now but I can take a pic tomorrow if you want. Left thumb is on the crank release and the hook comes flipping straight back over the top smacking me on the thumb nail. I have learned to put my thumb down lower and as far right as I can and have been able to avoid it. 🙃
Stop un-cranking at a point JUST BEFORE hooks pop out from under the cocked string. Then, grab one hook and slide it out from under the string then do the same with the other. Unwinding cocker 2 turns instead of 3 or 4 turns should do it.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
Stop un-cranking at a point JUST BEFORE hooks pop out from under the cocked string. Then, grab one hook and slide it out from under the string then do the same with the other. Unwinding cocker 2 turns instead of 3 or 4 turns should do it.
I'll give it a shot tomorrow. Thanks Jeff. 👍

Reactions: dynamo61

·
2,512 Posts
I'll give it a shot tomorrow. Thanks Jeff. 👍
Every once in awhile, you'll want to stretch out both hooks together all the way out and then re-crank them back in while holding each hook together so there is the same amount of cord on each pulley. You probably already know this, but it is for the guys that don't think about it.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 ·
Shot some more tonight. Slowly whittling away at the crap I bought for the bow. Ditched the bowjax for the limbs and put the factory dampeners back on. The bojax work really well on my XP but the limb gap is much less on the X1. They were really tight and my thought is that may have been affecting my accuracy. Took them off toward the end of my shooting tonight. Saw groups tighten a little but need to shoot more. Also leaning towards my bow liking BEE'S better than the Tapps but also need more shooting to confirm.
Serving is still the same after over 100 shots.

Oh and now both hooks are popping out lol.
OLDFLYER, the hooks are popping out almost as soon as you release tension so I am just gonna let them pop out and keep my hands out of there.

If I keep this up I will soon have the factory scope back on it as well. 🤣

Machine gun Air gun Grass Trigger Shotgun

·
2,512 Posts
Shot some more tonight. Slowly whittling away at the crap I bought for the bow. Ditched the bowjax for the limbs and put the factory dampeners back on. The bojax work really well on my XP but the limb gap is much less on the X1. They were really tight and my thought is that may have been affecting my accuracy. Took them off toward the end of my shooting tonight. Saw groups tighten a little but need to shoot more. Also leaning towards my bow liking BEE'S better than the Tapps but also need more shooting to confirm.
Serving is still the same after over 100 shots.

Oh and now both hooks are popping out lol.
OLDFLYER, the hooks are popping out almost as soon as you release tension so I am just gonna let them pop out and keep my hands out of there.

If I keep this up I will soon have the factory scope back on it as well. 🤣

View attachment 206067
Sounds like KI did ok then with what comes with the X1 package. 😉 Still, there are still all kinds of goodies you can add.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 ·
Sounds like KI did ok then with what comes with the X1 package. 😉 Still, there are still all kinds of goodies you can add.
Yep. The most pleasant surprise of the package was the quiver. Top notch! 👍

Reactions: OLDFLYER

·
Registered
348 Posts
Ok some weird stuff. The X1 hooks do not pop off when I release them however my XP which never did pop off now does since I had the new strings and cables put on and it does smart when it hits your thumb or fingers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
To whom it may concern....I would like to see a video of the popping hooks....(y)
I wish I knew how to get a video on here. I would make one if I did.
In SEW'S video below they are doing it.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #138 ·
Ok some weird stuff. The X1 hooks do not pop off when I release them however my XP which never did pop off now does since I had the new strings and cables put on and it does smart when it hits your thumb or fingers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It's contagious!

Reactions: john316

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 ·
I cant see how they hit your fingers according to how Sew is holding as he cranks...
Upon further review...I see it now....
Yeah they bounce off the back of his hand. I hold onto the butt plate of the stock with my left hand and release the lever with my left thumb. I might have to try his way. 😁

121 - 140 of 203 Posts