Crossbow Nation banner
141 - 160 of 203 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,463 Posts
...If I keep this up I will soon have the factory scope back on it as well. 🤣...
Don't give up on the Sig, once you figure it out it is lights-out accurate and very easy to use.
I was overwhelmed by it at first, then once I understood how easy it worked, I bought a second one.
HINT: use fixed distances at first until you get used to it, then use the rangefinder and BDX.
Heck, if @robertyb can master one, anyone can LOL, JK Robert!

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
Don't give up on the Sig, once you figure it out it is lights-out accurate and very easy to use.
I was overwhelmed by it at first, then once I understood how easy it worked, I bought a second one.
HINT: use fixed distances at first until you get used to it, then use the rangefinder and BDX.
Oh wait until he sees that! 👀

Thanks for the tip dyno. I think I need to do the muzzle velocity calibration thing. It's doing ok to 50 yards but after that it's whacked.

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Premium Member
4,463 Posts
Oh wait until he sees that! 👀

Thanks for the tip dyno. I think I need to do the muzzle velocity calibration thing. It's doing ok to 50 yards but after that it's whacked.
I had it out to 120 yards with no calibration, never ever, on either of the same two Sigs.
Take your time and make sure your arrow weights are correct and "Saved" once set.
You did select "Group 8" for Crossbows, correct?
If not, it is very easy to start over with a new Profile.
Also, stand closer with the rangefinder to eliminate Connection Issues.
A few feet is good.
Of course, you don't need the rangefinder for fixed holds

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
I had it out to 120 yards with no calibration, never ever, on either of the same two Sigs.
Take your time and make sure your arrow weights are correct and "Saved" once set.
You did select "Group 8" for Crossbows, correct?
If not, it is very easy to start over with a new Profile.
Also, stand closer with the rangefinder to eliminate Connection Issues.
A few feet is good.
Of course, you don't need the rangefinder for fixed holds
Yeah i did select group 8. Not at first lol.

·
Registered
14,913 Posts
Got a question. Is there anywhere to see the battery strength in the BDX scopes? It is in plain view on my BDX binos.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 ·
Got a question. Is there anywhere to see the battery strength in the BDX scopes? It is in plain view on my BDX binos.
When I first turn mine on a bar goes up thru the center crosshair showing how charged it is. Happens fast.

·
Premium Member
4,463 Posts
Not that I recall, Robert.
I learned to pack extra batteries as I would forget to turn the scope "off" and I think when I would leave it in the trunk, the motion would turn it back "ON".
Finally, I set the "hard timeout" to 30 minutes, IIRC.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #151 ·
I see those 4 bars every time I turn mine on if I am looking through it at the time. Always 4 bars though so I doubt they have anything to do with the battery strength.
Check out 3 minutes and 40 seconds into the video below.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #153 ·
Thank you for that. I can't believe my batteries are still showing the 4 bars (full) after all the shooting and hunting I have done so far this year. 😁
He did say the batteries would last a long time. I guess you are proof of that!

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #154 ·
Double post....

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #155 ·
Full day today with my buddy Swatster putting up a stand and setting up blinds at his house and the family farm. I think we are all done with prep work for the season. Thank you Lord!

After we were done I pressed my first bow on our 92safari press. We did a string and cable change on his XP. He shot it and it stayed together! Timing was spot on. Since that one went well we pressed his other XP to do SEW'S recommended lubing. After that got his BDX set up and got the scope lined up and leveled

Worked a little on Xena and put a foot stirrup from an XP on her. I like it a lot better than the X1s.

He is coming at 8am for a full day of shooting tomorrow. Going to be a good day!

Pic of me with his XP (Swatster)(his scope was not set up yet lol). My first official thread change! 😊 Best part is I didnt break the
camera! 🤣
Beard Sleeve Cap Tire Vest

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #156 · (Edited)
Range day! Swatman and I got all 4 bows xeroed in to 70 yards!

Finally! Finally! Got my BDX squared away. Until I figured it out I was ready to throw the scope in the river 🤣. My issue was my entered scope height was off. Stupid depth perception got me on that one. If I read the tape measure with both eyes open it read 3 1/8. If I closed my bad eye and read it with only my good eye it was 3 3/8. I had entered the bad 2 eye reading. Once I set it up how it was supposed to be it is dead on till at least 70. Havent shot it farther yet. When I say dead on I mean dead on. A couple other things I tweaked and the accuracy on this bow is no longer an issue. Xena can shoot! Only shot 1 arrow all day from each bow to get xeroed. Lots of walking lol.

The XP sighted in pretty easy to 70. Had to make up a HHA tape for the Tapps. I dont know how guys get the preprinted tapes to line up. Mine were fine to 50 but after that were way off. Had the same problem last year with the bloodsports I shot. Oh well. Blanks work fine.

One thing I took note of today after shooting both bows all day is the XP's trigger has zero creep and breaks immediately. My X1 has some creep, the trigger clicks a hair and then it breaks. Not sure if something is wrong or what but I kind of like it. Its almost like having a set trigger. Pull it till it clicks, and your next movement is like a hair trigger.

Checked my cameras today. This guy got himself tangled up in some vines and prickers by the looks.
Horse White Plant Black Organism

·
Registered
317 Posts
Glad you got it all figured out! The bdx is a great system once it’s dialed in!

Reactions: One eyed archer

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #158 ·
Glad you got it all figured out! The bdx is a great system once it’s dialed in!
Thanks Chris. I was liking it this afternoon after we took a break to regroup. This morning not so much. Was happy to find out all the issues were because of me and my damn eye and not the equipment!

Reactions: christopher

·
Registered
348 Posts
I’ve always found using the blank tape to be easier than trying to get the printed tapes to match.

That buck looks like the way I feel most days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

141 - 160 of 203 Posts