Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had the issue with the CCD no releasing completely to the strings. I am having this issues. If there is a fix or an adjustment much appreciate how to fix this.

Note: I am getting cocking functionality out of the newer style CCD.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Do you mean that it does not reach all the way to the un cocked string? If so, the instructions on my DRT385 said that was normal and the rope of the CCD will stretch over time with use.

Until then you are suppose to pull the bow string back manually to attach the hooks.

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No it got shorter.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had this happen, was working fine and shot into target to de-cock, put bow away. Went to cock before hunting the next morning, was far too short.

Had to pull strings way out of CCD off of bow, put back on bow, re-cock and then it was fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Your ccd string is wedging itself together Tom, pull it all the way out and try to put as much tension on it as you can going back in. I even lube the chord with some Scorpion Venom now and then.

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gents, Thanks!

Reactions: crpngdth2001

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Gents, Thanks!
Tom,
I had the string wedging issue on my KI Sled cocker. This week I installed new string/cord of my choice found on Amazon at $18.43 for 100 feet spool of 900lb strength 2.5mm Kevlar. After 20 cocking cycles the line still uncoils without issue. It uncoils almost too easy.
Link to thread
Crank Cocker Device Cord Untangled

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tom,
I had the string wedging issue on my KI Sled cocker. This week I installed new string/cord of my choice found on Amazon at $18.43 for 100 feet spool of 900lb strength 2.5mm Kevlar. After 20 cocking cycles the line still uncoils without issue. It uncoils almost too easy.
Link to thread
Crank Cocker Device Cord Untangled
Spot, thanks! Going to Amazon to check it out.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I followed suggestions and think it's fixed. Also, I lightly lubricated the cocking cable.

If issues continue I'll purchase the kevlar cord. Thanks, Spot-on-arrow.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Built in cocking with decocking option is really nice. I refuse to ever use the detachable options out there. It’s a tangled jiggly mess. I’ll keep manually cocking my Barnetts until they come up with something better.

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Built in cocking with decocking option is really nice. I refuse to ever use the detachable options out there. It’s a tangled jiggly mess. I’ll keep manually cocking my Barnetts until they come up with something better.
I was once in your shoes. Now I’m adjusting to Barnett’s CCD for off season use. It’s useable and saving my lower back. During Hunt season I’ll lighten the load and use my manual rope cocker.

I accept these are supermarket Xbows but they shoot and execute in the hunt evert bit as well as my Viper. The Viper value add is cocking and decocking. Fit and finish really is not a major difference to my eye. A major Barnett equalizer is trigger tech. That is a differentiator in the supermarket Xbow market segment.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I agree the tangled mess is out the door but with the new cord I changed to it isn't a mess any longer. The old cord seem to stretch out and flat causing to wedge and bind within itself. That is why I changed hoping to rid myself of that issue and it worked.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I agree the tangled mess is out the door but with the new cord I changed to it isn't a mess any longer. The old cord seem to stretch out and flat causing to wedge and bind within itself. That is why I changed hoping to rid myself of that issue and it worked.
Easier to just rear back and cock it as opposed to jiggling with what they call a cocker.....The Ravin crank is built in, faster once you get used to it, and silent when you get used to holding the button. TP is even better, but more cranks.

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don’t see it that way. It’s not a tangled mess when cocking the Xbow. R you talking about the new XB CCD. It has snap on bar for the hooks. Very clean. Now it’s no Acu-Slide but it does work.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I don’t see it that way. It’s not a tangled mess when cocking the Xbow. R you talking about the new XB CCD. It has snap on bar for the hooks. Very clean. Now it’s no Acu-Slide but it does work.
Admittedly I haven’t seen the new ones. I’m still disappointed my old rope cocker from my Ghost 385 won’t work on my XP.... it has a solid bar between the hooks, always kept pulls/cocking the same. I guess the newer safety systems won’t let it work

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Admittedly I haven’t seen the new ones. I’m still disappointed my old rope cocker from my Ghost 385 won’t work on my XP.... it has a solid bar between the hooks, always kept pulls/cocking the same. I guess the newer safety systems won’t let it work
I can only respond to what Barnett has out today not what they put out in the past. Obviously, our experiences will be different. I hope you find a solution. I'm not hatin' this CCD as is. It's an improvement but not the ultimate solution.

Reactions: Lettem Walk
1 - 16 of 16 Posts