Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well went shot it yesterday better than the raptor fx3 pro very happy no lift at the end of the arrow like on the raptor hitting the dot on the target at 50 yards with the 3rd line on the scope very pleased with it no need for crank the pull rope was fine to cock it for me very happy

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
Yea, what a great Xbow. I just added new strings from Marty. Note: Barnett Specs for bowstring are not correct. I'll get what Marty built off my OEM strings I sent him. Stay tuned.

I advanced cams. OEM specs ATA 16.5" now 16.125".

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mine out of time with the stock strings just got my press from Lancaster going to readjust it today I see how that portable press works it looks pretty nice so you went down to 16.125 ata

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
Disclaimer, Yes, do at your own risk. Should be fine. Measure your ATA before then after. Note I had cable strings made 1/8" shorter vs OEM. Marty's work is second to none.

Can you share a pic of your portable press?

Good luck!

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
For those advancing the cams for more speed: in the uncocked position make sure and leave a
1/8" to 3/16" gap between the bow string and the cam section of the bowstring on the shooter side.
One of my first adjustments, I did not leave enough gap and when shooting the crossbow, initially
the bowstring moves forward and rubbed that area until it comes to rest.

All the best.
Take care.

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
For those advancing the cams for more speed: in the uncocked position make sure and leave a
1/8" to 3/16" gap between the bow string and the cam section of the bowstring on the shooter side.
One of my first adjustments, I did not leave enough gap and when shooting the crossbow, initially
the bowstring moves forward and rubbed that area until it comes to rest.

All the best.
Take care.
Absolutely. I could go more but at the 3/16' to 1/4" gap between bowstring and cam.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I picked up a new XP400 last Friday. First off, I'm not familiar with a scope or sighting them in. I sighted the scope in at 20 yards. The second line I had to back up to 35 yards to hit the center of the target. Moving back to see what the yardage would be on the next line, I only had 45 yards to shoot. At 45 yards it was still shooting high using the 3rd line. This bow seems to be extremely flat shooting, or the scope is designed for a much slower bow. I think my most comfortable longest shot deer hunting would 35 yards. Am I good with how the scope is sighted in for the first 2 lines?

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
That typical for all OEM mounted scopes. Yes this is a flat shooting Xbow. I rate it as one of the most underrated value Xbows on the market. If you look around on Ebay I'd advise buying Exalibur Dead Zone speed scope. It's easy to setup and your reticles will be spot on after setup and dead on accurate for each reticle from 20 to 60 yards. I bought mine for $50. One of he best accessories I've added to a Xbow.

Good luck!

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
Stay with it it you don't find. They are out there.

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
this is what I found. I bit more expense but it's a start.

Excalibur Ultra-Compact Dead-Zone Crossbow Scope with Rings #1952 59497215237 | eBay

Setup goes as:
1. sight in turrets at 20 yards.
2. go to 40 yards. Pick out POA o the target and pick a high spot on the target.
3. Shoot to that POA using your 20 yard reticle at 40 yards.
4. Take Xbow with out arrow and aim at that original POA with 20 yard reticle. Now keep scope fixed on that POA. Turn the speed dial until the 40 yard reticle matches were the arrow hit the target.
5. Now shot at 40 yards again but now shoot at the POA (bullseye) with the 40 yard reticle. If you shoot high turn the speed ring up. If you shoot low turn the speed ring down until your 40 reticle matches your elevation POA. Once done you will be accurate for each reticle on the scope from 20 to 60 yards.

Reactions: robertyb
1 - 20 of 20 Posts