·
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Y25

Man this bow is awesome to shoot!

·
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just found an interesting thing about the Y25 stock design. If you loosen the one exposed screw in the rubber butt plate you can raise or lower the rear of the bow for better eye to scope alignment.
Donno if that lime green/black string is the string yet. I was thinking red/black or bronze/brown. Any suggestions?
The firearm next to the Y25 is a M2 Benelli 20 gauge slug gun I bought today too.

Attachments

·
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put them there so they don't go flying off. The other reason is that much of the noise comes from the limb tips so the closer to the limb tips the better the noise dampening.
BTW, this is by far the most stable, quiet hunting crossbow I've ever shot, bar none!

·
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
some close-ups

·
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pydpiper said:
Beautiful indeed!
What is that lever on the scope mount?
The levers are part of the rings that I was yappin about the other day. Weaver Grand Slam Lever Loks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Boo

Just want to find out with regards to the cats whiskers. I have them on my recurve vertical bow and the principle behind them is to get the homonics right for the silencers to work effectively. With a vertical recurve you divided the string in 3rds and that is more or less where they go cause that is where you get the most vibrations from your string. You fine tune them by moving them around that general 3rd area then, till you get them working effectivily. Would this not be a similar principle on a recurve cross bows? I am very new to the cross bow seen so I am still learning. Would be interested to find out.

Congrats on the new cross bow. Really like the stock looks great.

·
I Didn't Do It.
4,404 Posts
Boo,

Awesome looking xbow. Love the wood stock, really sweet. What type of wood?

What type of scope do you have mounted on this xbow?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts