Crossbow Nation banner
61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
I haven't ... carried binoculars in 10 years. There's the 9x - 15xscope or 7x rangefinder.
Years ago I bought a Bushnell rangefinder on sale at Cabela's for like 89 bucks. Did not realize when I bought it that it was a Chuck Adams bow hunter edition. Love it when unintentional mistakes pay off decades later. Has to be karma. Stays in the fanny pack.

·
14,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
That was a hand tool to drill a hole for a hanging tree stand lag bolt so you could get it started. my slang term.
Yeah ... I used to carry a small cheapo 1/4" screw-in bow hangar for emergencies that was sharp as a needle. That thing would screw itself into the hardest hardwood lickety-split. I started using it to make "pilot holes" for Gorilla screw in steps and EZ-Hangars. Sometimes your extended arm would want to fall off from trying to get a 1/2" screw in step started into some trees.

·
4,534 Posts
Here’s what I carry my stuff in most of the time.
Bicycle tire Bicycle fork Wood Bicycle handlebar Gas

I have been using the Turkey vest less and less for deer hunting. I still do if I feel it’s needed to carry extra stuff. You can see my arrows and range finder the bag will carry a light scent stuff gloves and a head net. And I have cargo pockets to carry stuff too. I just throw it over a shoulder and get going. My arrows and RF are handy at all times. And it takes up little room. It feel lighter loaded than my Turkey vest does empty. And way less stuff to pick up unwanted scent.

·
Registered
MK-XB58 Kraken / Hawke 3-9x50 parallax, mildot
3,798 Posts
Me at 12 on my first ever deer hunt in PA... Orange coveralls that were 3X too big, a pen and knife in one pocket, shells and a sandwich in the other...
- Fast forward to me now...

View attachment 234061
outside one of the small towns grocery man asked if i couldnt find smaller backbag
answer was ofc, i couldnt find bigger
one of the reasons i have this huge bag is; concealing my plinker, which was after bullpupifying 82cm
was just lookin way to use public transport to pick it up from the bush i left it
about 100miles ago, in worse case still leaves me 20km hike and 2 day trip

·
Registered
Excalibur Mag340
1,027 Posts
In my Pack
1. Headlamp
2. Range finder
3. Deer drag
4. Grunt call
5. Sent A Way
6. Toilet Paper
7. License
8. Thermal Cell
9. Rattlebox
10. Reflecting thumb tacks
11. String and string changer
12. Tink 69
That's it and a little too much IMO.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I dumped my back pack about 8 years ago. Just started having WAY to much stuff with me. Now, take time each off season figuring out how to down size things. If I can dump things totally, then that is best. Otherwise, I try to figure out how to lighten up each item. Sometimes that is expensive, but it is worth the space and weight lose. WAY more fun scouting into a new stand site that requires some agility. Bottom line, I carry all my stuff in pockets of pants, shirts, and jackets. Each pocket has specific items that stay there the entire season, and I usually keep those items in the same pocket from year to year. SAVES big time on weight JUST not having a pack! LOL

61 - 73 of 73 Posts