Crossbow Nation banner

What is the longest distance you hit the bullseye with a crossbow shot?

• A. 50 yards or less

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • B. 70 yards or less

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • C. 90 yards or less

• D. 100 yards or less

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • E. 115 yards or more

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had long range challenge with my Ripper 415 and Hawke XB30 compact scope. Since I had confirmed all the other reticle values to 100 yards. I wanted to know what the range was for the bottom post in my reticle layout represented distance wise.
To find out I used my nice shooting bench, lead sled, and crossbow equipment to determine the range to the yard.

Check this out!
One never knows what can happen until they try.

·
Happy Member
5,572 Posts
I had long range challenge with my Ripper 415 and Hawke XB30 compact scope. Since I had confirmed all the other reticle values to 100 yards. I wanted to know what the range was for the bottom post in my reticle layout represented distance wise.
To find out I used my nice shooting bench, lead sled, and crossbow equipment to determine the range to the yard.

Check this out!

Nice shot. I've actually shot my Excalibur out to 100 yards a few times but the arch is too much to ever try on a live animal! It is fun just doing long range target shooting though!

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,660 Posts

Check this out!

NICE SHOT !!!
It sure is nice and quiet there. You gotta love it man .......

·
Registered
546 Posts
E498D09B-7C7F-4780-8826-E43D550A5D9F.jpeg
563B20AC-7BCB-47EC-9EDC-6EE3CD0C50B0.jpeg
74B96736-164C-4145-941E-522A3AF8CB54.jpeg

Three consecutive shots with the same BEE arrow from 100 yards with my Centerpoint Patriot 415. That’s as far as I’ve ever shot it. I really enjoy shooting >50 yards much more than <50.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice extreme shooting 👏

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Nice shot !!
I do not shoot that far , to busy building the darn things ,lol.
i have just enough time to sight mine in out to 40 with broadheads and go hunt !!!!

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Shot the first group at 100 yds. a few years ago with my R9 and the second with my R10 a couple years ago.
You might notice an extra hole in the cardboard for the R9 group. That was the first arrow I ever shot with the R9 at 100 yds. So I merely retrieved the arrow and placed another sticky target below and to the right as a reference for the next 3 arrows. Probably could never do it again but that was the first and only time I ever shot my R9 at 100yds. and wound up with a 1" group from 3 consecutive BEEs.
The second time I tried shooting at 100 yds. was with my R10. The first 2 arrows were disappointing in that they were 1-1/2" apart. So I decided to just put my chrono out in front of the target and determine how fast my 434 grain. BEE was still traveling at 100 yds.
But my chronic tripod wouldn't go low enough so rather than look for some blocks to raise that heavy Sptderweb target, I just placed another sticky target up higher.
I guess I was too afraid I would nail my chrono because I touched that 1/2" dot with the 3rd. arrow of the 3 arrow group. Those 434 grain BEEs were delivering over 105 ft. lbs. of KE even at 100 yds. which isn't bad for a crossbow with only a 11" power stroke.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I used to target shoot 100yds quite often, but haven't in several years. I used a Matrix 380 and the 405 and the Mission 400 but not as much with it. It was fun and i learned a great deal about tuning arrows.
I never shot that far except in my dreams. Then I was inspired by other members and had the time. I work out to it one day and decided why not video so I could share it rather than posting target with arrow stuck in it. It is realistic then.

Reactions: rt2bowhunter

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
Here are 90, 100 and 120 yards from a TenPoint Vapor RS470 sitting on a BOG Deathgrip Tripod.
Wind in my face at a 45 degree angle, 7 mph gusting to 15 mph, something like that.
Looking for a place to shoot to 200 one day for giggles.
I am limited to maybe 140 -150 yards where I took those shots.

Pics of the target at 50, 70, 90 yards here in this thread:

Pics of the target at 70, 100 and 120 yards here in this thread:

From 90 yards

100 yards

120 yards

·
Registered
13,358 Posts
My longest practice shots are to 50 yards and seldom do I even shoot that far. Mostly out to 45 yards for me.

·
Registered
5,655 Posts

Check this out!

Nicely done. I've gone as far as 115 but no bullseye. Now 100 yards yes. SOA, keep pushing the envelope. I like it!

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
Dynamo, your long range shooting is very impressive.

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
Dynamo, your long range shooting is very impressive.
Thank you, as is yours Tom.
Same goes for Spot-On-Arrow, BigBird1, Saved Wretched and so forth.
Farm Deer is another great long range shooter.
My biggest problem is consistency.
So, I am doing my best to get out a few times a week to develop good habits so that things come more naturally instead of thinking so much LOL.

Reactions: Spot-on-arrow

·
Registered
546 Posts
Nurso, that's impressive free hand shooting. I have a feeling that I would be looking for a lot of lost arrows if I tried shooting at that distance free handed. :ROFLMAO:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts