Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to look at a used crossbow today that was owned by the elderly father of a friend of mine. The string has slight fraying, the stock is all wood and the only markings on the bow are ZX-11. He said he thought the company that made the bow was bought by Darton. I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about this model and if parts would be available.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Obviously nobody knows anything about this old crossbow but it would have been a foolish purchase for a rookie such as me when for a few bucks more I could get a modern set up.

·
382 Posts
The crossbow was made by a company called Proline. You can still find them on e-bay once in a while.

Good for in it's day, but just like older compounds it is dated and the newer stuff has more to offer.

If the only part needed is a string I would think any proshop could make one up.

Todd

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information. The elderly gent paid $600 for this rig (including arrows and case) and killed a quite a few deer with it but he thought it was still worth $450 so I respectfully declined.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. There is one for sale locally for $75. Looks like it has some type of aimpoint scope on it. It's marked at 150lbs. I know nothing about crossbows. This is my first post here.
Think it's worth it? It would replace my High Country compound which is about 30 years old - with which I've killed many deer, a number of squirrels and rabbits, an odd racoon here and there, and one coyote.
I'm not looking for anything fancy. Just something that shoots - straight.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Sorry do not know much about the Proline Crossbows, or how they are related to Darton. I do know that in the Darton Crossbows area here you can find a lot of people that are still shooting older Darton crossbows and really enjoy them and speek to the quality of the Darton Crossbow. The company has many patents in crossbow and compound bow industries, and has always produced a quality product.

The new Darton Toxins are an excellent crossbows with the latest technology for cam and cable design from Rex Darton. It is not the only newest technology on the market. TenPoint has its NXT crossbows, Mission has its Sub 1 crossbows. All three have come up witth different ways ti design a no lean cam and cable system that really improves the accuracy of the crossbow. Scorpyd has really developed the Reverse Draw Ttechnology to also gain great accuracy and amazing speeds with low draw weight.

Darton has redesigned the cables to include double youk to the cam axels, to take tourking pressure off of the cam itself, and produce a crossbow that has zero cam lean, cables that slide creating smoother draw and firing cycles, the cable system also gives greater support to the limbs and limb pockets. The Toxin Crossbows also take advantage of DualSync Cam technology keeping accurate timing, and self centeringof the firing string. They also strengthen the barrel of the crossbow. This all comes together to make a very predictable and accurate shooting crossbow. The Darton Toxin 100 starts at $682.46 and the Darton Toxin 150 is $1010.06. They are excellent crossbows for the money

Reactions: ko4nrbs
1 - 6 of 6 Posts