Crossbow Nation banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Those are really nice. I hang mine on a gladiator gear rack in the utility room or garage. Not anywhere near as nice as that but useful. It is hard to find a spot to store crossbows gracefully. That rack for the Excal takedown bow is really perfect for a wall display.
Thank you, it took abit of time to figure whether to take it apart for the mount or hang it off, but having a narrow hallway as I do, I didn't want to run the risk of stumbling into it after too many beers 馃槃

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Nice craftmanship and aesthetic design, but ...
What about all the other crossbows ? ;)
Still waiting on funding approval for another crossbow from the Minister of Interior (the wife)...
Something about putting our funds towards the kids education or something.
The wife says I have 2 problems, I don't listen and something else.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Impressive, both of you!
Been wanting to do that for a while now.
For now, I find it easier to keep the xbows in their backpacks/cases so i can just "grab and go" to the range on short notice or when the mood hits me.
Thank you sir.

Registered
The wife says I have 2 problems, I don't listen and something else.
This seems a common problem. My wife loves to talk, and I am to not listen ...

OTOH, I am in the fortunate situation to be the sole source of income in the family, so complaints are relatively faint.
This situation has it's downsides, too.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
All look good, but considering that my crossbows cost more than any gun I own I keep them out of sight- I would keep them in a safe if I had one that could hold them.
I'm in Australia friend, I wish we could have real guns!

Registered
A little while ago my wife was giving me the impression that she was a bit annoyed with my crossbow resting up against the corner wall on the floor of our bedroom. So I decided to complement the wall decor with a crossbow wall mount I made myself.
Would love to hear what you guys think and maybe see some of the mounts you guys have at home.
Cheers from Australia.
View attachment 200044
View attachment 200045
View attachment 200046
If we see a story about you on forty Eight Hours or Dateline we will know what happened! 馃榾. looks really well made鈥ut if I put that in my bedroom wall She would have me sleeping with the fishes!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
If we see a story about you on forty Eight Hours or Dateline we will know what happened! 馃榾. looks really well made鈥ut if I put that in my bedroom wall She would have me sleeping with the fishes!
馃槃 Who dares wins my friend. Or they sleep with the fishes as you said.
Thank you.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
This past Christmas, a women asked me to make some bow racks for her to give away at her Christmas party.
The first is four of the five I made. the second pics. I snagged off internet so that you could see how they are deployed.
View attachment 200072
View attachment 200073
That looks incredible. I like the detail and polish very much. The flag looks great, how on earth did you make that? (In particular the stars section)
The quality latch is a nice touch.

Registered
LOL!!!
The flags are really easy to make, it just takes a little time and effort, like most things.
YouTube has multiple videos of different methods and styles if you are interested.
I have seven currently in various stages of finish, two of which I need to carve designs into.
They seem to be real popular for Christmas gifts. This past Memorial day, the person responsible for getting me hooked on building them, donated 2000 flags of which I made 70, to local veterans and surviving family's.

Edit: correction 200 flags not 2000, sorry.

Registered
A little while ago my wife was giving me the impression that she was a bit annoyed with my crossbow resting up against the corner wall on the floor of our bedroom. So I decided to complement the wall decor with a crossbow wall mount I made myself.
Would love to hear what you guys think and maybe see some of the mounts you guys have at home.
Cheers from Australia.
View attachment 200044
View attachment 200045
View attachment 200046
It's a beauty, you should be proud!

Registered
That鈥檚 an awesome hanger. Is that a custom job? If not, where did you get it from? Thx in advance.
Hi Here's the link.( excaliburcrossbow.com ) Its in the Accessories Section. The item is called a Buckhanger Crossbow Display. Product Code 2187. Price is $24.99. Its black stamped metal. Here's another photo of it Hope you will enjoy yours as much as I do mine . Have a good one.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 41 Posts